Questions on Promo Heroes Abilities

Thread: Questions on Promo Heroes Abilities

Default Questions on Promo Heroes Abilities

From the KS comments:

1) Monkey King - If he moves, from a space and causes two Guard Reactions from different monsters, and defends with a critical in both attacks, how far away does he end up? Can he avoid the 2nd attack by moving during the first?

2) Spike - If Spike is attacked and dies, do his crits still cause wounds?

3) Prince Aaron - Do allies have to be Close to Prince Aaron to gain the benefit of his ability, or just in range of the target?

4) Scarlet and Zazu - Does Flanking only work for Melee attacks?

5) Pluck - When it says ANY figure, does that mean you can move them ALL if there are more than one?

6) Queen of Beggars - If she ends Close to multiple heroes, who chooses which one is affected by her ability?

Answer to 1) from Thiago: MK intends to move, triggers Guard reaction in 2 orcs. Orc 1 attacks, MK defends with CRIT. Orc 2 attacks, MK defends with crit. He can then execute his intended move, or, since his ability was triggered, he can be placed in a space close to him, and then perform his movement.

Answer to 2) from Thiago: The fact that Spike succumbed to the attack doesn't change the fact that the effect was triggered.

Here's my thoughts/interpretations of the others.

3) The way it reads is that only the monsters have to be Close to Prince Aaron.

4) My gut says, Flanking is only for Melee, but I would like to see an official response.

5) My reading of the ability would be yes. If it was only a single figure, it should say "any figure", not "any figures".

6) I see no reason why anyone other than the Queen should be allowed to decide.

Official answer to 4 from Thiago. "The "other" in the text just means that Scarlet can't be the enemy that's flanking the target. There has to be someone else." i.e. works for ranged attacks!!!

5) Though my word may not be "official", the wording on the card states any figures (plural), and so you can move one or both of the figures in the target's space.

6) My gut reaction would be the Queen of Beggar's controlling player decides who is affected by her ability.

Went ahead and made a quick reference list to all known Heroes: http://goo.gl/VD1cHH
    To those too lazy to go and click on each character on AQ's page to see their individual stats.

Great sheet konradoshut! Thanks. It will only open in a webpage on my ipad. Would love to be able to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    1) Monkey King - If he moves, from a space and causes two Guard Reactions from different monsters, and defends with a critical in both attacks, how far away does he end up? Can he avoid the 2nd attack by moving during the first?
    If he rolls a CRIT on his defense to the first attack, he can be immediately placed in any available Close Space. If that takes him out of range from the second monster, then he avoids the second attack. If he's still in range of the second monster (either because he's still Close to it, or because the monster has a Ranged attack) then the monster rolls its attack, and if the Monket King rolls a CRIT on his defense, he may then be placed on a Space Close to where he is now. Also note that in these examples, the Monkey King ended up not yet using any Movement Points.

I realize this is a different answer than what I originally gave at the KS Comment section. Goes to show the danger of answering rules question in a chat environment.

2) Spike - If Spike is attacked and dies, do his crits still cause wounds?
    Yes, the Wounds dealt by the CRITS on his Defense are applied immediately, so it doesn't matter if Spike dies from the attack.

3) Prince Aaron - Do allies have to be Close to Prince Aaron to gain the benefit of his ability, or just in range of the target?
    Just in range of the target.

4) Scarlet and Zazu - Does Flanking only work for Melee attacks?
    Not at all. If a target has an Enemy of his Close to him (other than the one who's attacking him), he is considered flanked.

5) Pluck - When it says ANY figure, does that mean you can move them ALL if there are more than one?
    Yes.

6) Queen of Beggars - If she ends Close to multiple heroes, who chooses which one is affected by her ability?
    The player controlling the Queen of Beggars chooses.