Viktor, Battle cry and astral strike
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Viktor, Battle cry and astral strike

  1. #1

    Question Viktor, Battle cry and astral strike

    I have a question about Viktor combined with battle cry.

    Battle cry is a great card by the way, it text say: If your attack roll any * (critical), you may activate another allied hero this turn.

    And Viktor special ability is: If his attack kills its target, he may activate another attack this turn.

    The question is, can you activate more than one ally in a turn, and what is the timing of this activation?

    Can you activate more than one additional attack per turn? Can you activate the same ally twice? Could you, i don't know, attack with Viktor, activate a ally (with battle cry), then attack again with Viktor, activate another ally (or the same) and then move Viktor?

    So, my next question has to do with Astral Strike, here what the card say: Only targets any enemy on the board that's close to an ally of your. (May be used by a dead hero. Does not trigger Payback reaction.)


    Can i do a astral strike and still use my abilities (battle cry, extra attack) if I'm dead?

    I'm finding this a little bit weird that you can use astral strike while being dead. So it basically mean that you need to activate your dead hero to use it.



    I like to combine this with death swarm, nova bolt, hate and wind blast (all cards that have a special effect on a critical).
    Of course, a card that give you re-roll help a lot here to roll those critical.


    All in all, i'm very happy with my purchase. I was strapped for my money at the time, so i kinda regretted it but when i saw Tom Vassel's review and then played it...

    OMG it's so fun!

    Now my only regret is not buying way more dice and some more extra coins. Because you end up not having enough to roll your defense in one roll (i might need like four defense die).
    Last edited by Pierre Luc Marsan; 10-27-2014 at 08:17 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    With Battle cry, I would say that regardless of the number of attacks you make, or criticals you roll you only activate a single extra hero per hero activation. I wouldn't want to milk it any further than that.

  3. #3

    Default

    This will answer your question... from the rulebook, "If an ability allows a player to activate an extra Hero during his turn, it must be used on a Hero that has not yet been activated this turn."

  4. #4

    Default

    One crit = One hero activation, 3 Crits = One Hero Activation. that is what ANY means. It is a yes/no.

    So if victor is killing targets and scoring crits, then:

    *Victor kills target and scores a crit
    *Victor's Crit activates second hero
    *Victor's Kill Allows him to attack again *IF* he has something to attack with.
    *Victor kills target and scores a crit
    *Victor's Crit activates third hero
    *Victor's Kill Allows him to attack again *IF* he has something to attack with.
    *Victor kills target and scores a crit
    *No more heroes left to be activated, so the crit does nothing.
    *Victor's Kill Allows him to attack again *IF* he has something to attack with... Which by now, he probably doesn't.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rrrrupp View Post
    This will answer your question... from the rulebook, "If an ability allows a player to activate an extra Hero during his turn, it must be used on a Hero that has not yet been activated this turn."
    That makes sense- so in ideal circumstances, Viktor can make your whole party activate an extra time during his turn.

    That puts a limit on it that you can cite from the rule book.

    If you guys decide that's too powerful, you can house rule it differently, but I think rules as written say that this is what happens.

  6. #6

    Default

    I use Viktor in my current guild, and I'd feel guilty activating this much. My group will house rule it as a single extra activation per turn from Battle Cry.

  7. #7

    Default

    Can you really get Victor to activate so reliably? If the dice gods allow it through the situational application of crits, and someone sinking that many attack cards into victor to allow him to re-attack multiple times... so be it. I mean, for this to be effective he needs AT LEAST 2 weapons and 1 effect leaving minimal room for armor and other skills and death curses... and this also assumes he makes his beginning with no activations.

    I simply can't see the combo being so effective that it breaks the game, but maybe I am wrong

    I have seen Spike with 8 Defense dice walk around the board causing monsters to commit suicide on guard reactions while taking virtually no damage. And people cried then too... But it is situational, and Spike goes down hard with Seth or Chtoooloo. I would resist the urge to house rule Nerfs until it really becomes an issue.

  8. #8

    Default

    I'm with nkelsch on this. I don't see it getting as far as we have in our example.

    Also, I think we've seen some worse combos in our campaign (we have a nibbles that is just out of control).

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nkelsch View Post
    Can you really get Victor to activate so reliably? If the dice gods allow it through the situational application of crits, and someone sinking that many attack cards into victor to allow him to re-attack multiple times... so be it. I mean, for this to be effective he needs AT LEAST 2 weapons and 1 effect leaving minimal room for armor and other skills and death curses... and this also assumes he makes his beginning with no activations.

    I simply can't see the combo being so effective that it breaks the game, but maybe I am wrong

    I have seen Spike with 8 Defense dice walk around the board causing monsters to commit suicide on guard reactions while taking virtually no damage. And people cried then too... But it is situational, and Spike goes down hard with Seth or Chtoooloo. I would resist the urge to house rule Nerfs until it really becomes an issue.
    It's a shame that the guard reaction of the monsters isn't optional. The payback attack is optional, the guard reaction should be as well.

  10. #10

    Default

    Is it optional? I know it is player to the right controlled, and you can choose any of the targets, and I suppose you can make the payback 'ineffective' if you choose by movement and such, but it still has to happen.

    I guess it never came up about not wanting to execute it.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nkelsch View Post
    Is it optional? I know it is player to the right controlled, and you can choose any of the targets, and I suppose you can make the payback 'ineffective' if you choose by movement and such, but it still has to happen.

    I guess it never came up about not wanting to execute it.
    Yes, it says that attacking for payback actions are optional in the rules.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Luc Marsan View Post

    Battle cry is a great card by the way, it text say: If your attack roll any * (critical), you may activate another allied hero this turn.

    So, my next question has to do with Astral Strike, here what the card say: Only targets any enemy on the board that's close to an ally of your. (May be used by a dead hero. Does not trigger Payback reaction.)


    Can i do a astral strike and still use my abilities (battle cry, extra attack) if I'm dead?

    My hero is dead. Astral Strike is unexhausted. An Enemy target is flanked by my Ally.
    If I am using Astral Strike are my hero Ability and my permanent cards working on this Attack?
    Would be great with Zazu.

    I would say yes, cant find proof for the opposite.
    Some opinions?

    Edit:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t/posts/770980
    Scarlet uses her ability, permanents are allowed to I assume.
    Last edited by Candle; 12-11-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    If you see any major mistakes in my speech please help me out so I can improve my english. Thank you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->