Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gokan group painting competition

Default Gokan group painting competition

Hi all,

I had a blast doing the Orc shaman competition some time ago arranged by Ten and Andy

So I have decided I want too do it again and anyone that wants can join in. I do want to paint my first 54 mm and got hooked on a figure called Gokan that was linked in another thread.

It is currently in casting process and should be starting to be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks from now. That means that we will properly start in around 4 to 6 weeks time and we will see how much time we need to finish our figures.

Below is a link to the figure and it can only be ordered directly from O.B Sculptures for 25 euros plus transport fees and other unknown cost
    http://ob-sculptures.blogspot.se/201...-guardian.html

If anyone wants to join in please say YES this will be Fantastic below. I haven´t asked Andy and Ten about hijacking there concept but I hope they will let me live.

BTW I have never ordered from O.B Sculptures before but I hope there will not be any problems. I have sent him an mail to say that I am interested and got a fast reply with shipping cost and approximate time when figures will be ready, I do think he prefers Paypal payments but I guess other methods also work you need to ask him.

For more information visit the blog that I linked above.

Now I will take time to order my mini so that I can participate in this round of painting competition.

/K
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Cool mini. I'm sure it will be fine. Though no one has heard from Canny since he hijacked one of their threads a while ago... But I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

RIGHT KRETCHER I WANT A WORD! And that word is yes! I'm in! Lovely mini preordered and sent him my dosh so as soon as it's here I'll be painting it
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I might join in on this one. Lovely figure!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    I might join in on this one. Lovely figure!
    seriously? its supposed to be run during this century u know lol

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    seriously? its supposed to be run during this century u know lol
    Hmpf!! I am quite fast once I get into it, young sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    Hmpf!! I am quite fast once I get into it, young sir!
    Well this is your opportunity to show that welcome aboard Ritual

/K

Ummmm....Kretch I invite you to my WIP and BloodASmedium's where I announced weeks ago that I would be purchasing this mini. Such a lovely one at that! You can count me in 100 percent! Will be away with the Army for a week or two but will order as soon as I return!!!!!
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

A few extra words on Gokan cuz I'm just so excited about this guy. I emailed the sculptor about two weeks ago and everything was on time. It will cost you 6 Euro for shipping if you live in the States. Price isn't too bad if you consider the quality and that it's a 54mm. Plus, I truly believe that this mini will catapult Olivier Bouchet into super success, so it's great to be a part of that. Take a look on his blog (link above) if you'd like to see his other work, but IMO this is really his stand out mini, belonging to his personal range.

very excited for my first 54mm project too. I really wanted to show that I could paint really smooth skin tones on my current project. While I think that I have, However, he is just so damn scabrous and scarred up that this is proving to be a bit...different...than I expected. Like wanting to paint shiney armor but instead doing a rusted and weathered version. However, Gokan provides the perfect canvas for this. I already plan to do his lower body shadows with a dark green, and his upper body in a sun burnt red. Can't wait!!!!
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Looks like we are going to be some people doing this will be a blast too see what you all will do with this mini.

BoK I guess your thread is the one I saw the link to the Miniature, thanks for posting it

/K

Right on brother! (Btw I was just feigning jealousy at your mentioning it-in case that wasn't apparent from the text).

Great idea tho picking such a good mini!!!

That is one great looking mini, reminds me so much of Slaine from 2000ad.
    It's way above my ability level though, but I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by boardandy View Post
    That is one great looking mini, reminds me so much of Slaine from 2000ad.
    It's way above my ability level though, but I can't wait to see what you guys do with it.
    This "competition" is not really about ability and level, If you do have time and possibility it would be great to have you with us. what we do is posting pictures in this thread to also give advice and feedback on the work that we do. It is very nice way for people to improve and get better. So in one way this is actually a "competition" against yourself with support of others

/K

I'm interested in joing in. Any idea for a start time and when the models actually become available?

It will be ready in around 2 weeks time, but you can order it already now directly from the sculptor. Don´t think it will be distributed any other way. Would be nice if we are one more

/K

wow, really like that mini. don't hink i´ll join right now tho, too much in the pipeline

I will be in India the last weeks of November and the first couple of days in December. So, I won't start mine until maybe a week into December or such. Maybe a deadline sometime next year?

If there is no skill limit, because most of you are way above my level, I'd be honoured to join. I have the figure on pre-order and I'd love the chance to learn from people painting the same mini.
    Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
    Lance Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by evl hmr View Post
    If there is no skill limit, because most of you are way above my level, I'd be honoured to join. I have the figure on pre-order and I'd love the chance to learn from people painting the same mini.
    Looking forward to have you join us evl hmr.