Chooloo ability

Thread: Chooloo ability

Default Chooloo ability

Chooloos ability lets him exhaust his hero card to daze an enemy, does this count as the attack for the turn, or can you use the ability then attack?

I don't see why it would take up his attack action.

I don't think that any of the other 'hero exhaust' abilities take up your attack action, so unless there's a clear statement otherwise, we'll keep playing it this way.
    Last edited by odinsgrandson; 10-29-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Montoya's exhaust ability actually works WITH an attack by giving him +2 to a sword attack... So he has to exhaust his hero and attack for it to work.

So I think Chooloo probably can 'daze then attack'

And when you compare it... Seth can simply attack with magic and allow no defense, every time... so it is not like daze then attack is stronger than seth's no armor all day every day.

This is actually a question that has come up with my group, most importantly being the timing. Nowhere have we found a rule for when this ability can be used, and in similar context, Lord Fang's power on his hero card. Here are the possibilities that we've come up with:
    1. As the Hero's Action.
    2. Any time during that Hero's Activation, except while an attack is being resolved.
    3. Any time during that player's turn, except while an attack is being resolved.
    4. At any time, except while an attack is being resolved.
    5. At any time.

1 and 5 seem highly unlikely; 1 as it makes them far too weak and 5 as it makes them impossibly powerful. 4 would also be remarkably overpowered for the two. Our debate came down to 2 or 3. We decided to use 2 for our current campaign, simply to err on the side of making the ability weaker, but it would be really nice to have an official answer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by nkelsch View Post
    Montoya's exhaust ability actually works WITH an attack by giving him +2 to a sword attack... So he has to exhaust his hero and attack for it to work.

So I think Chooloo probably can 'daze then attack'

And when you compare it... Seth can simply attack with magic and allow no defense, every time... so it is not like daze then attack is stronger than seth's no armor all day every day.
    it's better than seth because melee is better than ranged. However, it's limited to once per rest so that averages it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrupp View Post
    it's better than seth because melee is better than ranged. However, it's limited to once per rest so that averages it out a bit.
    Then there's the Heartless- but she has to have a sword, so I guess there's a bit of a limitation there.

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    Then there's the Heartless- but she has to have a sword, so I guess there's a bit of a limitation there.
    Heartless is indeed very scary but she only has 1 defense so that is what balances it out a bit. Needing to be in melee range + having 1 defense makes for some dicey situations. The heartless is a very good hero though, don't get me wrong. She's one of the better ones imo.