Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1095

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Thanks for the comments guys. ST, I agree, it's the first time I've used Tamiya Clear Red and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it properly.

The final pics for this piece are up in my CMON and P&P gallery. I'm still working on Turnip Head, in fact I just started working on the base last night, but it's also time to begin a new project:

I pretty much always mix a decent percentage of black or dark brown into Tamiya clear red for blood effects, then maybe add a little bit of the straight clear red around the edges where it is still spreading, and not quite congealing yet. It certainly wasn't my discovery, but it does improve the look of Tamiya clear red significantly. Also, that stuff changes its e.g. elastic properties as you work, so you sort of have to play around with it until it becomes workable, then set it just how you like while it is stiff enough to hold a very soft shape. Totally gross product, but also completely awesome!

Can't wait to see this one develop, I like the composition so far

Pretty much what Toad said regarding the Tamiya Clear red.

I add in some Army Painter strong tone or Vallejo Smoke to mine. Let it congeal a bit and you get a nice claggy consistency for daubing around.

The Bull piece is pretty spectacular, I've been stalking the progress on instagram....absolutely love the pallete you have used on the bull itself.

Congrats on getting your bull & rider in the New and Notable!

Thanks everyone for the Clear Red tips. I'll have to get some practice models and go to town on them, make it look like a Lucio Fulci movie.
    Guawol, thanks, now it's time for the raining of 1's to come. Zab, do your thing!

Been working away at Ahzek Ahriman, now I'm trying to think of some freehand ideas for the cape, any suggestions?

These latest pictures really show how awesome the texture of the cloak is. Very nice.

Thanks, KB, I used Sproket's recent Farseer as inspiration. Still need to do a lot more work to get the amount of texture he did.

Ill say it again !!! EXCELLENT FLU

Looking really rich and lovely....think the subtle cape texturing adds a massive amount to this. Fabric patterning/texturing is something is definately need to push myself on following my recent pinstriping ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairster View Post
    Looking really rich and lovely....think the subtle cape texturing adds a massive amount to this. Fabric patterning/texturing is something is definately need to push myself on following my recent pinstriping ordeal.
    Thinking pretty much the same here...
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5257 out of 235360 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    Thanks, KB, I used Sproket's recent Farseer as inspiration. Still need to do a lot more work to get the amount of texture he did.
    Aspiring to Sproket is never a bad thing. His inspiration on your cloak is definitely apparent.
    I'm yet to get my head around how this pointillism stippling works, but you've used it masterfully
    error 404: signature not found

Thank you guys! Here's an update:

Based on the comments I got about the cape, I think I'm going to work a lot more on the texturing and nix the freehand I had planned. I'll let the cape stand out on it's own and leave the freehand elements to the base. That being said, I was going to do a Scarab beetle with wings on the cape that I will now make larger and do it on the plinth.

Looking great, man! The red is looking very tasty and the cloak is a great soft contrast to the ultra shiny armor. He definitely has a mysterious, magical look to him.

The model looks great! Question on the cloth texture, are you stippling the (white/cream?) color and then glazing over it to make it blend into the color? Just trying to get a feel for the process, as I have never really heard about texturing until recently.

Guawol, I didn't do any glazing after stippling, just used dots that were slightly lighter than the color of the cape. Also it was pretty thin paint so it dried semi-transparent.

Here's a little update on the base:

Very HUUUGE leap in skills!!!! Nuff said!!!

Agree with BAM on the quality. But now you need to up the base to match the minis awesomeness. The edges look off...not sure if it is a putty issue or paint issue, but makes it look unfinished. I also think you need to force a painted shadow onto the marble work and the face of the steps.