Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,201 to 1,207 of 1207

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Sorry to hear that KB. The show went well, lots of amazing stuff on display. I didn't get to spend a lot of time there because I had a very busy weekend, but I did spend about 30 minutes studying Mike Blank's piece that won best of show at Euro's last month. Surprisingly it wasn't in the top two at this show. I came away with two silver medals, one for Eternal Crusader and one for the Man-at-arms bust.

I also had a lot of self control and only bought one model!

I was surprised to find a US dealer that has Black Crow Miniatures' stuff, so if you like their models and you're too cheap to pay for international shipping like I am, Last Calvary has you covered.

Congrats on the medals mate. Thoroughly well deserved.

The new one looks like a nightmare, quite literally. As always, looking forward to seeing what you do with her
    error 404: signature not found

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congrats! Coming away with only one purchase though... Someone check that mans temperature and pulse, stat.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Thanks all! Torn, if it makes you feel any better, I spent a couple hundred dollars on models at World Model Expo in July. :P

Here is the bust all cleaned up and blu-tacked together. There were literally no mold lines to scrape on this thing. All I had to do was wash it with soapy water and it was ready to go. Now, there will be a few small gaps to fill when I assemble it, but that's no big deal.

You can see more of angles of the box art here. It's painted more like a demon queen, but I'll be going in a different direction. To me the arms and chest look like tree bark, so I'm thinking she's the spirit of the forest. I'll be using a lot of greens, yellows, browns, oranges and reds. Really fits with the time of year I'm painting her!

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was worried there for a minute Flu...Glad you cleared that up The detail and injection on this sculpt is so good you only had minimal priming?! That's impressive... I actually looked at Crow earlier simply because of this and I have to say I almost *ALMOST* made an against judgement impulse buy myself. Gaddamnit! It will happen though, of that i'm sure. Lets see how you bring this beast to the table Flu! I'm amped!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...