Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Inspiration struck me after looking at the WIP threads earlier, had to paint right away. Put on the Jolly Roger, cleaned a few lines and uploaded it to the gallery.

Been away for a while, but now I'm back and ready to get things in gear for CB. Here's some stuff I'm working on.

for the SciFi monster category I'll be painting up Archangel Michael from Dark Age

And here is what I've done with the shield so far

Also began work on the historical unit, three French officers in 1940

This is an awesome piece, I got it in my to-do box. Can't wait to see what you are able to do with it.

Yeah all the archangel models are great looking, but Michael is my favorite of the bunch.

I also began working on my fantasy single entry, Drast the Hunched from Mierce Miniatures:

The main body is just base coated

but I did spend time doing freehand on the banner

Here's some more work on the archangel. Mostly base coating:

Did more work on the sword arm

Last edited by fluisterwoud; 01-10-2015 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added picture

Taking a quick break from the CB projects, I wanted to do a quick Space Marine. I decided to dig through my bits box and use my poor greenstuff skills and make a Librarian. He will be from the Salamanders chapter, here is the start.

Main body

Pauldrons, freehand work, still needs some cleanup

Got out more greenstuff and a block of wood and made a base for the Librarian.

Worked on the armor today, I really wanted to paint some green armor so I'm using a picture from the 40k wiki as reference:

Did I have anything to do with this marine if I did im sorry to spark interest in such pain in the coolo lol..great job so far hey when did you learn how to sculpt look at this wizardry..lol gr8

Default I call it sharpening or tidying up..

I noticed the Crack marks. It looks great as is.WHAT YOU can try and it's optional and not that the model needs it ,but tightening or sharpening up the lines making them really thin and then you'll see a difference you may or may not like it . But i think you'll be happy with the end overal look to it.great jof mate.

Ha, this librarian was all your doing! I will definitely go back and tighten those lines, I just have to remember to take my contacts out when painting small details, being nearsighted I can see them much better with the naked eye. I just get caught in the painting moment some times and forget these things. And I wish I did learn how to sculpt, doing flat rectangles is easy but I have to re-sculpt a goat leg to fix my Chibi mini. That's going to be hell, I'm thinking of just buying a new one and painting all over again haha.
    As always, thanks for the input.

Given the colors I think your librarians head would benefit from being lighter, in fact, as light a natural looking to make it stand out more. More pronounced accidentals and variation in the marble like texture would take it a bit further, starting off really well tough.
    CMON painter born and raised, soft seven and proud
    Gblaw studio online
    My latest, thanks for watching

Unfortunately I can't make the skin any lighter without it looking like Caucasian skin and Salamanders are supposed to be black. In fact after GW's retcon a few years ago they are full on, unnatural onyx black with glowing red eyes, but I prefer them to look more human.

Well, Im not a wargamer so if the fluff gets in the way of my colors, colors win. ( Then it gets sniped of course.)
    Looks a bit more mulatto at most than black then, the emperor wouldn't approve of that... or whatever, IP infringement blarrgh
    CMON painter born and raised, soft seven and proud
    Gblaw studio online
    My latest, thanks for watching

I like to try to stick to fluff when minis have a game associated with them. But there are times when colors do win out.

I finished the librarian and threw him up in the gallery.

Voted and commented I give thee 10..yeah bud I used to wear contacts and had to take em out when painting now I switched to geeky glasses much easier to just take em off and on non painting days which is uhm never ever so I just stick to glasses your starting to worry me now your getting better every mini I love when that happens except when I'm going to be competing against someone at the CB lol either way we're both going to be a thorn in the pros side..that's all I ask win or lose I like you love my work I just want to at least make it tough for the judges to pick...love the butterflies we get watching them judges scrutinize our models.

Thanks, BAM, my goal is to improve with every mini I paint, and at CB give the judges and voters something to think about. I have a painting anniversary next month and I'll post the first thing I ever painted to so you can see how far I've come.

Now, back to the grindstone, need to finish these CB entries. Here is some more work on the Archangel.