Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1145

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Alright, here are my pictures from the show, it's 184 pictures split into two albums. Album 1, Album 2. As you scroll down you may have to click "show more photos". And here are a couple photos I snagged off the FB group:

Best in Show winner

All the different awards for the event

There were so many models and people there. I was only able to take pics of around 2/3 of the entries. For me, I got a bronze for my Theban Hoplite bust and a bronze for St. Mark from Dark Age.

Congrats on the medals. And damn that diorama is awesome.

Yeah, man, excellent showing and great results. Your models looked great. Congratulations.

And yeah, that diorama is just otherwordly. Their expressions are amazing!

Thank you for sharing the pictures of the show, will check those albums at my lunch time. ^^
    And again, congratulations on those medals, I think your hoplite was a keystone of your (now constantly) levelling up skills, so well deserved prizes.
    I thought the textures and that amazing NMM shield on the bull would gave you a prize xP that's why I told you on instagram so.
    Medals look gorgeous on those cases!!

Editing my own post to add the following comments:
    This one is ridiculously good, the owner should be repairing the sistine chapel instead of painting tiny little metal bits.... LOL
    http://i.imgur.com/JGjJvi4.jpg

The gold on the helmet is the best part IMO, very inspiring!
    http://i.imgur.com/D7EB2Dv.jpg

This one made me think of Saint Toad, do not know exactly why.... maybe this model suits his preferences??
    http://i.imgur.com/yXwYROV.jpg
    Last edited by Maenas; 07-11-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenas View Post
    This one made me think of Saint Toad, do not know exactly why.... maybe this model suits his preferences??
    http://i.imgur.com/yXwYROV.jpg
    ​Direct hit. Great mini. Perhaps I shall have to pull out one of my pig minis soon...

Thanks all!

Maenas, the woman that did that knight also did the war elephant, and yeah her freehand is off the charts. See deservedly won gold for both of those pieces. The gladiator is Kirill Kanaev's, you can see more pictures here, it's amazing in person though. It's one thing to see his work up close in the Crystal Brush cases, it's another to see it inches in front of your face with no glass in between. He is a legend.

Some amazing pictures of what looks like an outstanding show. You should be very proud of your awards amongst such impressive company.

Congratulations

Congrats mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Oh, one thing I learned at WME is that HobbyZone from Poland is now carried by Michigan Toy Soldier Co. so those of you from the US who were put off the by the large shipping prices can now order from a US distributor. Also, even though I was looking at their products online and wanting them, I still wondered about the quality of the wood material they used. Well after seeing them in person I can say that they are made from top shelf materials and will be very durable. They also just came out with a new mini holder that is very nice, quality wood with a leather handle that holds pinned minis like a charm.

This message was not paid for, but wish it was, by HobbyZone or MichToyCo.

I picked up some of their racks and shelf/drawer units for my Wardrobe set up...really happy with them and quality wise...extremely solid, and clean CNC cutting. Bit of a faff to put together but solid once in place. Will pick up some more bits when I get chance.

GratS fluist, well done.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Ooh, fluisterbrew, that sounds like a good Friday night.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    The gladiator is Kirill Kanaev's, you can see more pictures here, it's amazing in person though. It's one thing to see his work up close in the Crystal Brush cases, it's another to see it inches in front of your face with no glass in between. He is a legend.
    You aiming for Kirill's greenish bronze NMM (that he used on the gladiator's helmet) on the metal parts of Papa Jambo's treasure chest?

You're really in the zone these days, Fluister! I hope you keep pushing yourself as you have been, because everyone is seeing the incredible results of your dedication. It's fun to watch!

ST, it was a bit of inspiration, I was going for an old tarnished gold look. PJ is up in both the CMON Gallery and P&P.

New project time. Inspired by the amazing historical minis at WME, it's time to work on my own. Here's the start to a French Grenadier of the "Young Guard". The body is just base coated, I've mostly been working on the cape:

Coming along notably my friend!!!! I watch with angst!!!

So cool. That cloak reminds me of the felt hat on the Napoleon bust Milosh did a few years ago. I.e....AWESOME,

That's a good looking texture on the cloak indeed.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob