Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1231

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Yup, you're fine to put up the photos in the gallery. The rules for the FigureMentors contest just needed you to submit the photos to us before you entered the piece into a different competition. There weren't any restrictions about showing the finished work online. But, either way, your confirmation email has been sent and you're good to go.

The two new projects look like they'll be fun. I've been wanted to get some of the Draconia figures but haven't yet. I'm curious to see how the actual kits are.

You know, since you mentioned the monster category, I think it'd be fun to see someone do a large scale barbarian like that as a giant. Maybe convert the hand so he's holding a 28mm figure dangling by its leg or something.

Excellent, thanks David. The Draconia mini is in the mail and I should get it this weekend, I'll let you know how the kit is. As for a giant, Roman did something similar with his Davidé vs. Goliath diorama. It would be interesting to try to make a single figure (not diorama) passable as a 28mm giant without a 28mm figure standing there for reference.

Alright the bust is now up in the galleries: P&P and CMON

New project in the works, this one is for CB so I'm going to put a lot of time into it, updates may be very sporadic. I also have a grand base idea that I need to order some parts for.

A Horlick homes used to say "THE GAMES AFOOT!!!@

Voted! But you forgot to give a name to the gallery entry here on Cmon! xP
    This next piece looks awesome lots of different materials in it... will make you stir all your paint pots! xD
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Thanks for the heads up Maenas. I don't know what happened, I used ctrl+v with the title I used on P&P, something must have went wrong. I just updated it. Thanks for the vote!

In an effort to improve my basing, an area I've been severely deficient in, I have decided to make a few bases with no real mini in mind for them. The goal is to set a scene and get all the elements right. If I happen to find a mini that fits the base, so be it, if not, that's okay this is all about practice. So here is the first build, still has some work to do, then I'll paint it up and flock it.

Fantastic choice of figure for next piece of work. Is it just the way the pic is taken or do the top of his legs look too long and the knee down too low? Now that I've seen it as that I can't unsee it. Probably my eyesight.
    Last edited by bullfrog; 09-15-2017 at 05:50 PM.

That's awesome. I have no idea how you are going to paint and model the booger he is flicking, but if anyone can find a way it'll be you! I'm sure you can pick Sproket's mind for ideas with glass beads... :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

That looks like what will be an awesome base. Shouldn't be hard to find a model for it.

Zab, one of those plastic beads that comes in the packets with shoes, mod podge and neon green ink. It's going to have a long snot trail and look like he's flicking it onto the glass in the CB cases.

Here's the base with some stuff on it. Going to add some resin at the bottom too.

Sweet base, looking forward to the resin - fingers crossed!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I left you a comment on instagram about this base
    Feel free to come by my WIP or have a look into my Gallery
    Voted on 5377 out of 235568 minis, and also left 847 comments on Cmon Gallery.

Zab, about the resin, it worked... okay. I tried something new with the way I contained the pour, I used painters tape with a little pva glue around the edges rather than a strip of plastic from a clam pack. I saw it in a video and thought I'd give it a try. It held fine, didn't leak or anything, but for the first time using this resin I had to sand and polish it. So I think I'll stick to the plastic strips from now on.

This weekend is the MMSI show, I'll probably bring 10 minis, 5 historical and 5 fantasy. The big question is how many minis will I be coming home with?

Nice use of colours on the base
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The base is great! Generally the rule of thumb is "less is more" really and you've nailed it. Impressive without stealing all the focus.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Dats our boy!!! Way to base flu!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fluisterwoud View Post
    Zab, about the resin, it worked... okay. I tried something new with the way I contained the pour, I used painters tape with a little pva glue around the edges rather than a strip of plastic from a clam pack. I saw it in a video and thought I'd give it a try. It held fine, didn't leak or anything, but for the first time using this resin I had to sand and polish it. So I think I'll stick to the plastic strips from now on.

This weekend is the MMSI show, I'll probably bring 10 minis, 5 historical and 5 fantasy. The big question is how many minis will I be coming home with?
    How did the MMSI show go? I was planning on attending, but surprise family health issues arose and derailed our plans.