Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,441 to 1,457 of 1457

Thread: A WIP Thread by Fluisterwoud

Lovely saturation flu!!! What a pop!!!

Thanks all, the red comes out nice like that due to the contrast between Reaper's Cinnamon Red and S75's Antares Red.

Didn't have much time to paint today, so I just worked on the steel parts. I also glued down some cork to start working on scenic base for the squad.

The cloak's awesome Flu, and the steel nmm is coming on well. Everyone's knocking Spiteclaw out of the park
    error 404: signature not found

I agree with the rest on the red... but what I like most is the texture underneath it! Is it done with some light skin colour in a criss-cross pattern or similar and then painted over with the red? I think you are getting a "stronghold" on textures with these last two works!!
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Maenas: I mixed up a pink and did cross slashes, then used pure Leather White from Reaper for more slashes, then I glazed over with Antares Red from S75.

Update time:

Thank you Fluister for the explanation, might try to do something similar
    The rocks underneath look great too.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Beautiful. Between yours and Hairster's skaven, I really want to get these guys on my workbench soon.
    pax et bonum

Stupendous job on this beautiful model!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frzntoz View Post
    Beautiful. Between yours and Hairster's skaven, I really want to get these guys on my workbench soon.
    Totally agree, great models and now I'm kind of pining for them, especially this one. Well done

Looks great FW, I already commented on the skintones on instagram as I love the sickly green hue. Textures are looking great on the cape and the NMM metals are solid, great variation in tone.

Lovely stuff mate on a really dynamic mini.

I was fortunate enough at WarhammerFest to have a chat with Maxime Corbeil who sculpted these for GW as I collected my Skaven from the showcase...really interesting to get his thought on my painting first hand.

Great job FW

The figure looks great, but I really love that stone work.

Thanks everyone! Hairster, that's pretty cool, I assume he liked them like everyone else. He did a great job sculpting these models, I thought they were the best of the current Shadespire line, that's why I chose to do them.
    As for the stone work, I tried something new and started with a very dark green/blue base and worked my way up with a color called Nacar from S75, also used the Algae wash from Secret Weapon. Turned out quite nice.

Spiteclaw is done, but I will go back for some touch ups once the whole group is finished. Gotta make sure they're all cohesive.

Spiteclaw's looking fantastic Flu. The nmm is solid, perhaps in need of slightly more smoothing. The contrast across the figure is spot on I think and the details are all very well painted.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the gang.
    error 404: signature not found

Looking awesome Fluis, I love the reds on that cloak.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Yeah, this guy looks great... such a vibrant red for the cloak, really makes it pop...