Dark elf Sorceress

Thread: Dark elf Sorceress

Default Dark elf Sorceress

Finally something new to post.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/367996

Feedback and comments are welcome!

Oh my, that is absolutley stunning.

The textures on the cloth is amazing! I love this whole piece. Nice job, and about time....

OMG...the veins! Didn't see those first viewing...

fantastic.

That is very nice, I would have missed the veins if Supervike hadn't mentioned them.....
    The spiders add to the feel of the piece, I think it's hard to remove one or two without changing the piece.
    The boots are great, not quite my style, I think you've done well with this effect.
    The textured details are divine, and the metal picking up the colours around the environment, nice touch.

Cheers
    Jamie

Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you liked it.

really amazing sven, as i said in uk, fan du kan ju måla ju! hope to see you again soon!

Had the pleasure of seeing this close up at GD.......... WOW!!!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

@Skel: Well.. du är inte sååå dålig själv!

@ten ball. Had the pleasure of seeing your stuff as well! Hope we'll meet again next year.

Blog Entries

WHOA! Amazing! Love the blood on the mouth... I don't know how you got that to look so clean/sloppy/sexy... and the hot red through-out -phew! The patterns on the fabric are spot on too.

I do see a tiny spot on the top of the left boot where it meets the robe in front, has a bright spot of flesh where it should be dark. You can see it in the close up shot where her hand is blurred. Also the back of the bracelet where it digs into her elbow looks a little less crisp than everything else. Can't believe this didn't get a demon... holy crap!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not dissatisfied that it didn't place. This one came third. It's not too shabby, right? Truth to be told there were several impressive pieces entered and there are only three that can win so it can be little things. You pointed out some mistakes and there are many more. It's more "painterly" than crisp and clear, which is the favoured style. But I'll work on that till next year and maybe I'm in luck.

Avelorn I'm sure if you have that attitude then your already half way there! Seriously good painting the freehand is superb and the painting of the flesh with the veins etc is delightful. One thing I have noticed and Lee has pointed out to me is that the judges seem to like the extreme contrast form of highliting all the way to white. If your determined to get a demon this might be a style to court.

best of luck in your endeavours.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Oh, the Lan Studio guy has been working hard for a while.

I, for one, like the more "painterly" style. For example, the blood, and the highlights on her collarbones and shoulders. If you keep going for crispness and technical perfection I feel you start to lose out on some of the expression and creativity. Lucky for me there isn't a GD within 6,000 miles of where I live.

hat I really found remarkable,aside from what others said ,the rear view where you have the metal of gold reflecting the blue dress..this whole piece is amazing..if you asked me to vote it would be the gold demon by a landslide..the painting is flawless and brilliant.the details in the eyes,the brows,the veins are all remarkable.this PIECE DESERVED A DEMON. AND IT DESERVED A SECOND SCRUTINY FOR THE OVERALL PRIZE THE SLAYER SWORD..YOU'LL DEF BE WINNING DE MENS NEXT YEAR AND ALL YEARS TO COME.