Rules Question- Banishment

Thread: Rules Question- Banishment

Default Rules Question- Banishment

So, Banishment sends the target to the spawn tile unless they take an extra 2 damage, then states that banishing a target does not give you credit for the kill. How exactly does this work?

1- On heroes- does this simply send them to their starting square, or are they effectively dead?

2- Does sending them to the spawn tile not count as a kill? How about if they were killed by the extra 2 damage- does that not count as a kill? What if they were killed by the initial attack- does it count as a kill, or can banishment never give you credit for a kill?

3- On monsters, are they sent into the graveyard to be respawned? Who decides whether the monster takes 2 extra points of damage? Do they always opt to take the extra damage, or do they always opt to be sent to the spawn tile.

4- Does a monster's banishment to the spawn tile occur before payback attacks (I'd assume so). If they opt to take the extra damage, does that add to your original total for the purposes of overkill?

5- Sending a monster to the spawn tile will allow them to respawn next time the tile gets full. Am I reading this right? You could banish a boss, then have him respawn (or fail to respawn) like any of the other characters you killed, right?

Is this card for the Base set or Beyond the Grave? It doesn't sound familiar to me.

From the way you worded the text it sound like the Hero using Banishment has to take 2 damage in order to defeat an enemy like normal otherwise you just move it to the graveyard. It would be crazy if this work against Villains.

Do you roll attack dice like normal? If so how many? I would have to say a lot.
    Last edited by Sprengermon; 11-05-2014 at 05:49 PM.

I don't remember where the card is from (it's level 5). Five dice, ranged magic, and the ability returns the target to the spawn tile unless they take 2 extra damage.

Since heroes can't be placed on the spawn tile, I would assume they are forced to take the 2 extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrupp View Post
    Since heroes can't be placed on the spawn tile, I would assume they are forced to take the 2 extra damage.
    Yes they can. Banishment is a new rule in the BtG expansion.

Oh, are the banishment rules explained elsewhere? I was just looking at the card.

They're in the scenario book for the Beyond the Grave expansion. I don't have it handy, or I'd try to answer your questions a little better.