A very great rarity from me!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A very great rarity from me!

Default A very great rarity from me!

Yes a Work In Progress from Me.

But it's not a piece I'm doing for myself, this is a figure (well a set piece really) for CRYSTELLA333, as a reward for being one of the two people getting answers right in a fun comp I ran.
    {Milosh's piece I've rescued from the bin where it went in frustration, that being the base needing to be scrapped and reworked}

So Crystella (Bernadette) offered me two choices when we met and I just had to choose the one from my favourite sculptor Werner Klocke, being the "AMBUSH" Limited Edition piece. I started this last weekend, and have taken a number of Step By Step photos, but this is the first completed section.
    I'm happy with this phase I just hope Crystella is as well.

I'll put the Step by Step up later on as they were taken on my main camera and I'm waiting on a replacement USB lead for that as I may have left that in Folkestone........Muppet
    The picture is a little over exposed, oops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 11-09-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I love that small dio.

And i love Werner's sculpts.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

At last a wip from the man. Looking good so far mate I will be following this carefully!
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Its always better to go with a favourite sculptor as it gives more inspiration to doing the piece anyway.
    I like what I'm seeing so far ^_^ and look forward to seeing the rest of the wip pictures.

Finally! You fool! Now we'll know all your secrets!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Finally! You fool! Now we'll know all your secrets!
    All my secrets? Really???????
    No one has found the last person who thought that.

Being honest I hate doing WIPS as it normally tends to break my concentration, but for some reason doing this piece is a lot more "Fluid" and comfortable. It possibly is the recent change in painting method since I've gone over to using a proper wet pallette. This is the third piece I've painted using it and things just 'flow'. Previously I'd been using the Privateer Press portable version which got me into the habit, but I took a couple of our urban sketchers group to Ken Bromley's shop and found a proper sized and sturdy wet pallette there.

Of course it's meant I've had to reorganise the painting desk (again) in order to accommodate the pallette and...........oh look That's where I put that moments have been rather plentiful. Yeah found a couple of figures I'd forgotten I'd bought.

I might be be brave an actually do a panorama of my painting desk now I've figured out this iPad camera doohickey.
    Be warned, I've finally caught up to the fact we're in the 21st century.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Be warned, I've finally caught up to the fact we're in the 21st century.
    Darn U, am I the only ludite left

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

OK so this morning I took this picture of my painting table, just before I left to go to Buxton to meet up with some people.
    Tthis Evening I've just got back from a show "Fascinating Aida"......mental and hilarious. Look them up on YouTube.

So here's me desk, ask any questions about it you want to. I may even answer them.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    , and proud of it.

Now that is an artist's desk...not alot of space. Dare I ask what is that thing is in the middle of the desk, just in front of the paint bottle tray? (looks like a handle or something a bit more risque :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    I like the little sign on the door!
    I like that the door can't close with that side table in the way. It's like the hobby is just moments from taking over the rest of the house...
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    Now that is an artist's desk...not alot of space. Dare I ask what is that thing is in the middle of the desk, just in front of the paint bottle tray? (looks like a handle or something a bit more risque :P )
    Nothing risqué at all, it's a jewellers vice which is exceptionally handy for when I'm working on Busts or awkward pieces.
    Ssmaller lightweight things vary between corks and gizmos I bodge together to grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I like that the door can't close with that side table in the way. It's like the hobby is just moments from taking over the rest of the house...
    REMEMBER this is the painting room Mark 2!
    Mark 1 got gutted and emptied so I could actually turn around in there. No I'm not joking either.
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 11-10-2014 at 01:07 PM.
    , and proud of it.

That is a mess, Mike!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

The painting table of any respectable painter!

Blog Entries

An extension of the mind? This would bust my boiler, there's no room for a nap

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. Edgar Degas.

By the look of the photo you carn't even shut the door!!
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Gee wiz my wife would have a total eppy! There would be wailing and gnashing of teeth and the dreaded look! Its just not fair you get a complete man cave room of your own! Lee gets the broom cupboard and I get the toilet! Soooooo unfair
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Blog Entries

Looks a lot like my space as too. Although I am little more spread out in the garage. I ferry the paints i am using and the piece I am working on to my computer desk in the heated part of the house.

There is almost enough room for painting. Good thing you have all those organizers or you would really have a mess

Center against the wall, Is that some new Tau 40k Terrain that GW hasn't released to the general public yet? I like the tmm and the use of "pigments" for that dusty forgotten by time look...

@demihuman
    A man has to have music/audiobook to make his cave complete I love listening to something while I paint, it helps get me in the creative mood.