A very great rarity from me! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A very great rarity from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Ah Teronus I understand.
    My General untidyness springs from an enforced tidiness as a child, not allowed to leave anything out, even to the point of books back on book shelf if I just had to go to the toilet.
    Anti OCD caused by PTSD from the trenches...

Dude. ;-)
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

A place for everything and everything in its place. A LIMEY friend of mine from Manchester told me that.go the darjeerling, whoooooh strong but with a RO-BUST type flVore.lol tried to say it like the commercials.lol and I love this piece.mike is all freebooter models pirate based.?

Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    mike is all freebooter models pirate based.?
    They also have Aztec amazons and Venetian lords and ladies. There is also a smattering of other ones too.

Ah Teronus I understand.
    My General untidyness springs from an enforced tidiness as a child, not allowed to leave anything out, even to the point of books back on book shelf if I just had to go to the toilet.
    I am not like that for everything, the room where my table is is a more like your table, there is just not enough time in a life. I just use the golden rule that I was showed when I started my career as a pro chef, those french chefs are just nuts. Golden rule is to be comfortable when you work, took me 3 years of trying set ups until i finally found this set up.

I'm the opposite, DR. After growing up in a military family plus joining the military myself, I'm extremely OCD when it comes to my paints, etc. I also don't have a table/room to paint in right now, so I have to be able to pack it all up and put it away so my girlfriend doesn't ape on me lol.

I am very fortunate in several ways:-
    I have a separate room solely for my painting,
    a Very Tolerant wife,
    and I was introduced to a form of "self analysis" in order to cope with My Depression.
    This latter has helped me understand some of the causes and help strengthen my Coping Mechanisms.

BUT we digress from the topic of this thread.
    I didn't get any painting done on this last weekend, due to helping a friend out.
    That took a little longer than anticipated, but I don't regret it as it has helped me solve a video editing problem that had been "bugging" me. Editing software could not cope with files formats over a certain size, minor upgrade required. End of Problem.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Good work mate the red and green are doing the colour contrast thing nicely. Pictures look slightly out of focus. I have this problem with my expensive camera weirdly my iPhone takes better pics lol! Having met your wife I've got to say that Fran is one of the nicest people going and very supporting of your hobby.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Good work mate the red and green are doing the colour contrast thing nicely. Pictures look slightly out of focus. I have this problem with my expensive camera weirdly my iPhone takes better pics lol! Having met your wife I've got to say that Fran is one of the nicest people going and very supporting of your hobby.
    ive heard she have a price on my head though! not sure i dare to visit uk again

Really impressed but not surprised of the eyes and the rest of the smotherness of the m9del.it's coming along fantastik.very nice mikie.

a Very Tolerant wife,
    So you never get the "I DON'T WANT TO BE A PAINTING WIDOW!!!" speech?

Quote Originally Posted by Teronus View Post
    So you never get the "I DON'T WANT TO BE A PAINTING WIDOW!!!" speech?
    No,.......but she has said..."The day you paint your last mini, I'll turn into a pineapple !"
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

Blog Entries

That mini is looking great! The face is really popping. I also really like his shirt and the contrast you have with rope. Nice job and getting those two similar colors defined next to each other.

Well just an update of the whole piece at pre-completion stage.
    Don't worry I have Stage Photo's of the girl, which I'll post up soon.
    Currently its at the tweak highlights and local shadows point prior to photos varnish and if I can find where the hell the turntable is, a video as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    , and proud of it.

Nice Mike. Deepen the shadows a little between her *clears throat* breasts
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I cannot believe how amazing this is mikie I love the sculpt I love how the painting brings this woman and her tah tahs to life...this is a fantastik piece and it's being painted very well I absolutely love this Lil scene.

The skin tone is so life like, amazing work. All comes together very well! /bow

Your turntable is where you left it.

She looks gorgeous DR!
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

*smiles happily at the paintwork so far*

Dragonsreach, you have done her justice above and beyond. Thank you so much for the work you have put in to her and I know she will be shining part of my painted mini collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Nice Mike. Deepen the shadows a little between her *clears throat* breasts
    The word you are looking for Lee is "Décolletage".
    Sounds a little more classy than Sheba's Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by moetle View Post
    Your turntable is where you left it.

She looks gorgeous DR!
    Nope it's where Fran tidied it up.

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    *smiles happily at the paintwork so far*

Dragonsreach, you have done her justice above and beyond. Thank you so much for the work you have put in to her and I know she will be shining part of my painted mini collection.
    I'm just glad You are liking her.
    Looking at the pictures there are places where I need to strengthen the facial structure, but without making her look too 'mannish'.
    and the stockings need work. Those stripes have disappeared.

Of course the photos aren't the best, just taken with the iPad camera.
    , and proud of it.