Bomb clarifications needed

Thread: Bomb clarifications needed

Default Bomb clarifications needed

Hiya!

I understand that you can only have 1 Bomb card per guild, but how many times can a hero uses it?
    As long as the bomb is unexhausted (and ready to use), can a hero just keep throwing it?
    essentially just dropping mines all over the board
    Wife had a bomb card and started littering mines EVERYWHERE
    if anyone can clarify this, it would be awesome, thank you

I don't see any reason why she can't do that. I mean, it doesn't have any special rules about how often you can use it, so as long as it isn't exhausted, you can throw more.

Do defense crits from spike apply any damage back to the bomb carrier, if spike steps on the bomb after the initial attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    Do defense crits from spike apply any damage back to the bomb carrier, if spike steps on the bomb after the initial attack?
    That has been a question of some debate, and we have not had an official ruling on it (there's another thread all about it). My reading of the rules is the bomb damage comes from an "other source" like a trap, and so

1- Spike doesn't have anyone to retribute damage against
    *And
    2- A hero who dies this way grants all other guilds a coin exactly as if he had been killed by a trap.

I feel like we all want to give credit for the kill to the guy that threw the bomb, but in that case, the attack would have to come from him, and therefore Spike would be able to retribute damage to him.

Honestly, I think that the bomb becomes much more of a liability, and less of a useful weapon in that case, and if you swap out who has the bomb, things get odd.

Quote Originally Posted by odinsgrandson View Post
    That has been a question of some debate, and we have not had an official ruling on it (there's another thread all about it). My reading of the rules is the bomb damage comes from an "other source" like a trap, and so

1- Spike doesn't have anyone to retribute damage against
    *And
    2- A hero who dies this way grants all other guilds a coin exactly as if he had been killed by a trap.

I feel like we all want to give credit for the kill to the guy that threw the bomb, but in that case, the attack would have to come from him, and therefore Spike would be able to retribute damage to him.

Honestly, I think that the bomb becomes much more of a liability, and less of a useful weapon in that case, and if you swap out who has the bomb, things get odd.
    I believe we have concluded that the rules state that abilities and rerolls cannot be used for the bomb fragment attacks and the rulebook states that Attack consists of both the attack roll and the defense roll so via the rules, I'd say it's pretty clear that you can't use spike's power.

odin... you're wrong about the everyone gets a coin thing. It says in the rules that you act as if the guild that the token belongs to gets the kill credit.

There is however 1 additional question about bombs that needs clarification from a designer. I think I'll make a new post. From the rules, it's unclear if multiple guild tokens from the same guild are allowed.

I am also unclear on how bombs work. If someone steps on a bomb does it do 1 hit on the hero or does it do the full bomb attack?

Quote Originally Posted by lionelandrew View Post
    I am also unclear on how bombs work. If someone steps on a bomb does it do 1 hit on the hero or does it do the full bomb attack?

It does the original bomb attack. (Attack roll and then defense roll)

Thanks, rrrrupp. I had missed that bit about guild tokens acting as members of the guild.