Clarification needed (rulebook unclear) Multiple guild tokens from bombs

Thread: Clarification needed (rulebook unclear) Multiple guild tokens from bombs

Default Clarification needed (rulebook unclear) Multiple guild tokens from bombs

There's one thing that is unclear about how bombs work from the rules.

The rules state that it's possible to have multiple faction tokens on the board from various factions and the attack is one giant attack if someone moves onto that space.

However, the rules don't mention if it's possible to stack multiple guild tokens from the same guild on the same space. Is this allowed? It's pretty easy for someone like Kanga to just keep throwing a bomb on the same space and building up numerous tokens. Eventually, anyone moving on those spaces will die no matter what. Is this possible or are the spaces limited to 1 guild token per guild?

My first instinct is that you can- because I haven't seen any rules that state otherwise (ie, if you can make a bomb initial attack, then you can make the extra attack).

I agree with you but the rules are worded in a way that implies (or that they were only thinking about) guild tokens of different guilds overlapping. The fact that they explicitly call out sharing tokens between different guilds but mention nothing about the same guild just makes it very odd.

"Place one guild token in the target's space and in all spaces close to it." It does not say to not place a guild token if one of the same type is already in any of these spaces.

"If a hero enters a space containing multiple enemy guild tokens, they all explode simultaneously." If I have more than one guild token in a space, and rrrrupp's hero steps into that space, he has entered a space with multiple enemy guild tokens. If odinsgrandson and I both have a guild token in the same space, and rrrrupp's hero enters the space, he has entered a space with multiple enemy guild tokens and multiple enemy's guild tokens.

I think, based on the wording, that a guild can have multiple bomb tokens in a space and that they would combine into one attack.