40-ized Kingdom Death Manhunter

Thread: 40-ized Kingdom Death Manhunter

Default 40-ized Kingdom Death Manhunter

Hi everyone,

I recently finished up a KD Manhunter. However, I would like to get some feedback. A lot of attention was drawn to the highlighting on its lower torso on OzPainters, so I'm aware that is needs more work. But what else can be improved? Perhaps a fresh pair(s) of eyes can spot things that my tired ones cannot?

I'd appreciate some thoughts on this, please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

There seems to be a chalky or dusty look or feel to it, especially on the wood and hat. Also, the contrast just isn't enough to make it pop the way it could.

i would be very interested in hearing what might make this pop more, mate. I've pushed the highlights all the way to pure ivory on most of the model, except the pants - the ivory did not look good against that green backing, so I left it at Thrall Flesh.

Well, I'm no expert on such matters, but contrast isn't only about highlighting. And highlighting isn't just moving up the spectrum to white.

For instance, on your mini (and this could very well just be the picture) I can not tell, tonally, the difference between the flesh of the chest and the lining of the collar on the coat. It's kind of just there, with no real color defining contrast. The flesh tones look really good, but they are lost in both the jacket, and those spikey things coming down the side.

Any way we can see a bigger pic?

I'm also more of a fan of black or brown lining, but that is a style choice that not everyone agrees with.

That's a good point, Supervike. I'm not sure what I can do about the stakes hanging down his sides, and they've been purple-lined already. The collar I can re-glaze with more red to bring it out, for sure.

I'll try and get some close-ups tonight, when I get home from work.

Thanks!