[kickstarter] Createyourminis - design online your own miniatures

Thread: [kickstarter] Createyourminis - design online your own miniatures

Default [kickstarter] Createyourminis - design online your own miniatures

We are launching our kickstarter campaign on December the 18th !

Createyourminis is about letting you design your own 28mm miniatures (1:56 precisely) through our website. You choose the type of model you want, like man or woman, then select the clothes, the weapon, the equipment. Once you are done, you choose how the weapon is held then select a pose among the compatible poses.

After you wait a couple of minutes for the model to be built then you can visualize it, order it or save it to be modified or ordered later.

Our possibilities are (almost) limitless !

Among the numerous features, the most important in regard of this kickstarter campaign is the possibility to add symbols on some flat elements, usually shields, torso armors or shoulder pads. You can even add those symbols on some elements of the weapon sprue so you can convert other miniatures. If you back this project you can even provide us with a symbol we will add to our database so you can personalize your miniatures even more !

Try it and tell us what you think !

Really cool. I just gave it a try. The weapons didn't show up correctly in my models hands, but I understand it's still in Beta. I think there is a lot of potential in this.

Any idea how much it is going to be to get a mini printed?
    Turning lead into gold is easy, pour it into a Rackham mold. -Mr_Maxime

Hod's Chaos Dwarfs

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's Space Boars

Hum, it's still a beta but that kind of things shouldn't happen anymore and it bothers me, especially since you said “weaponS”, plurial. Can you tell me with what weapons you get that problem ?

Keep in mind thought that to held a weapon with 2 hands you have to select the option in he page right before the poses, just selecting the pose is not enough. If you select the pose without the option the left hand won't held the weapon. Could it be something like that ? In that case it just mean we have to be clearer with how the website works.

A standard 28mm model should be 6€ without the kickstarter discount. With the kickstarter discount it's €5 or €4 for early birds. More precisely, when you back for 5€ (or 4€ for EB) you will get a credit of €6.

It was female with a power hammer in one hand and the flame thrower in the other. I made sure to set both weapons to single handed options before I got into the pose. I saved the model if that helps (you can pm me if you want my account info).

I live in the US. How much do you think shipping will be?

By the way, that price point is awesome. I really think that you could get a lot of support for something like this. Are you planning on adding more content? I work in the video game industry and have access to a lot of 3d content. I don't know if it will all work on your rig, but you never know.
    Turning lead into gold is easy, pour it into a Rackham mold. -Mr_Maxime

Hod's Chaos Dwarfs

Hod's Karag Dum Throng

Hod's Space Boars

Been playing on my tablet......bloody brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by HodRod View Post
    It was female with a power hammer in one hand and the flame thrower in the other. I made sure to set both weapons to single handed options before I got into the pose. I saved the model if that helps (you can pm me if you want my account info).

I live in the US. How much do you think shipping will be?

By the way, that price point is awesome. I really think that you could get a lot of support for something like this. Are you planning on adding more content? I work in the video game industry and have access to a lot of 3d content. I don't know if it will all work on your rig, but you never know.
    I sent you a private message, I couldn't recreate the problem, I guess it comes from a specific combination of elements.

We are not sure about the shipping because it depends on our success (will the carton boxes be bought in bulk, etc.) but it should be around €18 to ship to the US. Maybe it will be cheaper, if a full box happens to be lighter than expected.

We will always add more content, but 3D models created for video games are not suitable for our needs. Our models have a lot more polygons because video games can “cheat” with the light or the texture of the objects to make then look a lot more detailed than they are. Furthermore, our models can't be as thin as models meant to be display on a screen, they would be to fragile.

But please tell us what you'd like as new content. We have some stretch goals in our kickstarter (steampunk armors for humans, orc body type,...) but as soon as we have fulfilled our obligations in that regard we will be free to do what people want.

In fact I hope we will be able to create a community large enough to do some polls, but I don't know how we will do that. Through our facebook page? Our newsletters?

Quote Originally Posted by Talion View Post
    Been playing on my tablet......bloody brilliant
    Thank you very much! If you like it don't hesitate to tell people to try it, it would be very supportive!

It was brought to our attention that usually early birds have a smaller discount and a higher limit number, otherwise backers leave negative comments.

I admit we overlooked that kind of thing, so we will half the discount and double the limit numbers, unless we see comments that change our mind back.

After taking into account various feedback, we did the following changes:

- We added a pledge level for 1 miniature
    - We halved the discounts for early birds and double their limits.
    - We removed the shipping cost, it will be charged at the order, when we will actually be able to ship the miniatures. At that time we will know exactly how much it will cost us, therefore we will be able to charge you a fairer price. Furthermore, you won't have to pay it upfront.

It's a wonderful idea! Really fun to play with.

I always wanted to have multi poses/weapons/clothing of the same character, and using your system that could be a reality!

I had one problem with a wizards cloak/skirt and boots, the top of the boots were showing outside the wizards cloak/skirt.

Still loving the idea, I'm not keen on the robot head....I think it needs to look more terminator

Quote Originally Posted by Talion View Post
    Still loving the idea, I'm not keen on the robot head....I think it needs to look more terminator
    We already had that request, it's on our (far too long) todo list.

Update!
    We will launch the kickstarter campaign December the 18th at 18:00 GMT.
    Now you have a bigger image on thumbnail mouseover
    The building of the model is slightly faster
    But more importantly, we added Drop Dead Daisy! She took us time but she deserved it, look at how cute she is!

I'll be watching this closely. 35 CAD for 5 minis custom designed to my liking?! Yes please I think the biggest problem you will have when you launch will be what is the undoing of many KS projects: too much success! I bet the production timelines will be blown way out once you see how many orders you have, BUT I think people have come to expect this with KS projects so I doubt many will care. Just keep in touch with frequent updates like Massive voodoo has with their Paint rack and raging heroes did with their TGG and you will be golden!!!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

agreed,.. the #1 killer/irritant of most KS projects is un-timely and/or flat-out lack of proper communication and updates from the vendors. Most people don't mind things getting delayed, as long as they are how long they now have to wait, and why. It doesn't even have to be daily report,.. once a month would satisfy most people I should think.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

To be honest, too much success is not our biggest fear right now But you are right, if we reach the success of Raging heroes we gonna have to hire people, to train them, that means delays.

On the other hand, we just need to plug some 3D printers to be able to print (well, almost). So, even if all the stretch goals are not finished in time you should still be able to order what's already done.

In any case you should see regular updates as we add new elements to the databases so don't worry, you should see things moving forward.

We usually don't do update on the servers so quickly after a previous one but since everybody seem to want one, hey! Update \o/

We added 4 bot heads, 2 for male 2 for female.

A flexible backpack for both models

An electro-truncheon/lightsword for both models

+ an “anatomically correct” pelvis for male (no image for that one).

We also added the snipe rifle for the female model, it was forgotten for some reason.

Beside new objects we are also working on new poses, for dual wielded pistols in particular since it was drawn to our attention it was lacking.

We put some more photos of the printed models, painted or not with a better definition. I hope it will reassure everyone on the quality of the printing and on the “paintability” of the material.

We also put the “mechas” strech goal as first stretch goal and the “steampunk” as second, since this is what people request the most. The others (fantasy football, orcs and bases) will come later.

Furthermore, we will close the early birds Monday the 5th January. Originally they should have been fewer with a better discount but we received complaints right before the start of the kickstarter, saying the early birds should not have a such discount but have a larger limit, we listen to those advices and now there are too many of them left (listening to people is not always a good idea after all), so I repeat, we will close the early birds Monday the 5th January.