Smaug...opinions please. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smaug...opinions please.

I'm not going to dip into the Dragon/ Wyvern debate, I'm not that au fait on the difference.

It's a good sculpt, will coins be needed to be added to belly and lower parts as depicted in the book and the movie?

It's your choice, if it makes you happy and the wallet doesnt scream, it's your choice. Would you regret not getting it?

regards

Jamie

Hey Mike, did you go in for any of the creature caster dragons? They all seem to be shaping up really nicely. The ones I am in for are the two original ones currently, but the possessed dragon is looking really unique and rather gribbly! there will be an opportunity to up my pledge level, just let me know if you want in .

Smaug???,.... terrible stuff,... you should avoid breathing it whenever possible,..
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
    Smaug???,.... terrible stuff,... you should avoid breathing it whenever possible,..
    Silly Webmonkey, that's "Smog"...

Smaug is when you are all proud of yourself and showing it. I.E. MPJ is a "smaug" bastard.

He did an interview on the Colbert Report last night. Smaug that is.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Here is my take, first of all, I really think it's well done.

1. It's a dragon, and you, Mike are the Dragon king.
    2. It's Iconic and represents the best fantasy fiction of all time.
    3. It's dying to be painted, and you Mike are a painting king.
    4. If you are worried about the price, just figure out how many hours of enjoyment you'll get assembling, painting, and looking at it. I'll be it becomes completely reasonable then.
    5. It's made of the same resin they use for Forgeworld, which is damn good stuff.
    6. I just spent $260 on a Captain America doll, so I need someone to help me assuage my guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat23uk View Post
    Have you decided Mike?
    I suspect I'll be passing on it!

I've looked at the one in Boton GW(a customers) and I'm not that enthralled with it.
    Its just lacking that "certain something" that demands I fork over my cash.
    I think I'll just buy an Anthony Watkins Dragon Bust instead, perhaps "King of the North"
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
    I dont think it is actually limited edition. The GW site refers to it is being limited to 200 copies before christmas. Although, even as a GW fanboy, i am getting tired of all of the limited editions with no notice...

As to the mini, i like it. But its Still nothing compared to Andy's dragon at Heresy.... And its a wyvern at the end of the day.
    That is the same thing that Rackham did. They made a wyvern and called it a dragon. I hate dragons with wings attached to their arms. But if i had to make a choice, I would choose Dragonreach's. It looks nice.

Yup Yup...already got it

its small though (NOTE: i'm still hoping I can someday sculpt a 2+ ft tall Tiamat :P so pretty much ALL dragon models are too small for my tastes. I want monsters that will make my D&D players freak when they see them on the table)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Wifely approval, dangerous thing.
    Sanjy, you looked at Meirce miniatures dragon yet.....Very nice!

You guys seen this? http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/cr...12a73.jpg.html its the WIP possessed dragon from Creature Casters kickstarter.. Freaky or what?

You guys seen this? http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/cr...12a73.jpg.html its the WIP possessed dragon from Creature Casters kickstarter.. Freaky or what?

Yep!

I backed his kickstarter, but didnt choose any dragon. But will be buying this and his zombiendragon.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

You can get your pledge unlocked if you want to add them on.

You can get your pledge unlocked if you want to add them on.

I know. But i have too much stufz on the way...
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post

You know I'm a committed (OK Comittable) Dracophile, but what does anyone else think of SMAUG?
    (its £295 if you weren't aware and supposedly resin(?))
    Sorry to butt in but I just saw Desolation of Smaug on rerun last night and this is a very detailed figure of Smaug with little Bilbo Baggins on the side.