battlecry and yellow potion

Thread: battlecry and yellow potion

Default battlecry and yellow potion

I have a question on the battlecry ability in conjunction with the yellow potion. This ability should allow an activation of another character when the character with this card equipped rolls a crit on their attack. What is the exact order of things taking place....

for example wisp has battlecry, parrying blade and rusty blade equipped and a yellow potion. Maya has novabolt and lifedrain.

1A. The player begins with wisp attacking with rusty blade, rolls a crit. Maya takes her turn. Wisp takes another turn with potion, attacks with parrying blade, crits again. Maya goes again..., totalling in 4 activations in one turn.

1B. Wisp attacks, crits, uses potion, attacks a second time crits again. Now the player activates maya twice back to back, essentially placing the battlecry effects on a reserve as they happen. still totalling in 4 activations

2.Wisp attacks, crits. Maya activates. End turn since now maya is the last active character and she doesn't have the potion equipped. Only 2 activation this time.

3. Wisp attacks, crits, uses potion, crits again. Maya activates once, from the last battlecry only, the first crit was forfeited so wisp can use the potion. Only 3 activation.

which of the above scenario is correct?

I think there's an error in 1A and 1B
    If you activate another character, Wisp cannot activate again to drink that potion. I'd recommend for the other character to hold the yellow potion for 4 activations to work
    Wisp crit, activates Maya (who has the yellow potion),use potion after her activation, activate Wisp, crits again, activate Maya again

in both 1A and 1B scenario, only 3 activations max

so the correct answer for me would be #3

I think the potion limits to only the same character that used it can take another turn. So in your configuration still, wisp crits, maya activates, maya uses potion, maya activates again.

^^ yes just read that other forum post and you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Kangataz View Post
    I have a question on the battlecry ability in conjunction with the yellow potion. This ability should allow an activation of another character when the character with this card equipped rolls a crit on their attack. What is the exact order of things taking place....

for example wisp has battlecry, parrying blade and rusty blade equipped and a yellow potion. Maya has novabolt and lifedrain.

1A. The player begins with wisp attacking with rusty blade, rolls a crit. Maya takes her turn. Wisp takes another turn with potion, attacks with parrying blade, crits again. Maya goes again..., totalling in 4 activations in one turn.

1B. Wisp attacks, crits, uses potion, attacks a second time crits again. Now the player activates maya twice back to back, essentially placing the battlecry effects on a reserve as they happen. still totalling in 4 activations

2.Wisp attacks, crits. Maya activates. End turn since now maya is the last active character and she doesn't have the potion equipped. Only 2 activation this time.

3. Wisp attacks, crits, uses potion, crits again. Maya activates once, from the last battlecry only, the first crit was forfeited so wisp can use the potion. Only 3 activation.

which of the above scenario is correct?
    Battlecry
    Permanent
    If your attack rolls any Crit, you may activate another allied hero this turn.
    Dont have the card, copied it from here : http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-astral-strike

Begin of your turn.
    1. Activate Wisp
    2. Move and Attack
    3. Roll a Crit as you are attacking
    4. Use the Yellow Potion at the end of Wisp´s turn
    5. Activate Wisp again
    6. Move and Attack
    7. Roll a Crit as you are attacking
    8. End Wisp´s turn
    9. Use Battlecry´s effect to activate a Hero who wasnt activated yet.
    10. End the activated hero´s turn
    11. Use Battlecry´s effect to activate a Hero who wasnt activated yet (only 1 Hero left.)
    12. End the activated hero´s turn
    End of your turn

http://arcadiaquest.com/dl/AQ-Rulebook.pdf
    page 14
    If an ability allows a player to activate an extra Hero during his turn, it must be used on a Hero that has not yet been activated this turn.

This turn equals the player´s turn. Thus you can save the effect from Battlecry.

Generally speaking:
    a. Activate wisp ordinary (Attack rolls a Crit and triggers Battlecry effect)
    b. Activate wisp via Yellow potion again (Attack rolls a Crit and triggers Battlecry effect)
    c. Activate hero 2 via Battlecry effect
    d. Activate hero 3 via Battlecry effect

This came up in my game, and I think that either scenario 2 or 3 would be appropriate. Since you have to use the battlecry ability on that characters turn. So you would have to chose if you crit on wisp's first activation if you want to drink the potion and try to crit again, since you are forfeiting activating another character.

It only seems right to me, you cannot use a players special effects if they are not activated and the card does not state anything to the effect of "activate another hero for each attack with a crit". Otherwise then the argument can be made that it is possible for some characters to attack more than once and if each of those attacks lands a crit you are getting multiple activations...

Bottom line the card does not state multiple activations, but rather "activate another hero if an attack rolls a crit".

As was stated in that previous post, i agree that the card allows a single other hero to activate per turn from that source(hero).

One thing to keep in mind, as stated, the only way for a hero to activate twice in the same turn is with the yellow potion.

My problem with what Candle has stated is it contradicts the ability for multiple attacks to trigger it multiple times(or lack there of rather). Which was the ruling from the post on the link provided.
    Last edited by rejn; 12-11-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Hello hello.

Battlecry
    Permanent
    Dont have the card, copied it from here : http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-astral-strike

There are two points as far as I see.

A:
    1. This turn means the players turn. (My conclusion is based on this.) I say the effect is saved because it is in the room of the player´s turn and not limited to the hero´s turn.
    2. This turn means the hero´s turn. (Your conclusion is based on this.) You say the effect is limited to the hero´s turn not to the player´s turn, so it forfeits after the hero´s turn.

Both are logic as far as I see. So for me the only thing to clear is which turn is mentioned here.

Ahh now I see your other point.
    B:
    1. I say the effect can happen as often as you can attack.
    2. You say the effect can not happen more than once, even if a hero attacks more than once. (like Viktor)

B:
    I dont see why the effect can not happen more than once. If you can attack more than 1 time you can use the effect more than 1 time.
    You can use a hero ability and every permanent card on every attack. (If it is possible and makes sense)
    In the previous link they did it with Viktor. You may attack 3 times if you kill and have 3 unexhausted attack cards.
    On every attack battlecry is activated.
    In this scenario Wisp is attacking twice with the help of the yellow potion. So he is activating battlecry twice.
    With each attack there is the effect of battlecry supposed he rolls a crit each attack.
    You need a target, luck and unexhausted cards for this.
    Is this logic?

A:
    In the rulebook on page 14: Players turn.
    http://arcadiaquest.com/dl/AQ-Rulebook.pdf
    If an ability allows a player to activate an extra Hero during his turn, it must be used on a Hero that has not yet been activated this turn.

The effect battlecry happens twice via Wisp. Wisps normal activation and wisps yellow potion activation. Both crit and so on.
    The ruling states in the players turn.
    Maybe we can call Wisps turn Wisps activation. So there is only one turn and in that turn the hero activation can happen.

My english isnt that strong so I looked in the rulebook which is written in my language. There it is clearly stated that the battlecry effect doesnt forfeit after the
    activation of a hero.

PS: If you read my posts do you understand me logically from point to point or is it difficult to understand me at all.
    I try to improve my english and also I want to improve my skill to explain something which you read once or twice and than you see the truth of it via logic.
    Do you have some tipps for me to see the things from a differnt angle.
    Thank you
    If you see any major mistakes in my speech please help me out so I can improve my english. Thank you.

In short:

Begin of the players turn
    1. Activate Wisp
    2. Move and Attack
    3. Roll a Crit as you are attacking and activate the battlecry effect
    4. Use the Yellow Potion at the end of Wisps activation
    5. Activate Wisp again via yellow potion
    6. Move and Attack
    7. Roll a Crit as you are attacking and activate the battlecry effect again
    8. End of Wisps activation
    9. Use the first Battlecry effect to activate Maya
    10. End of Mayas activation
    11. Use the second Battlecry effect to activate a Hero who wasnt activated yet (only 1 Hero left.)
    12. End of the hero´s turn
    End of the players turn

I think the battlecry effect is treated different from the yellow potion effect.
    The yellow potion may be used at the end of the heros turn.
    The battlecry effect may be used during the players turn.

We could say there is the players turn and in this players turn there is the heros turn.
    Maybe we can better say there is the players turn and in this players turn there is a hero activation.
    Whatsoever. I hope you get the point.
    If you see any major mistakes in my speech please help me out so I can improve my english. Thank you.

At the time of posting this I didn't realize there was a rule about only activating another character once per turn rule... SO this actually helps in keeping things fair, so I don't mind that the battlecry effect may happen twice(on 2 different characters) after using a yellow potion.

Candle, I see your points and have to agree with what you have said. It also helps that your native language version of the rulebook specifies battlecry. Thank you for that insight!