Final Scenario: Monster spawn questions and Purple door questions

Thread: Final Scenario: Monster spawn questions and Purple door questions

Default Final Scenario: Monster spawn questions and Purple door questions

The spawn locations of all the sisters seem to make it so they never actually do anything. The Troll and Minotaur were killed and then everyone (in groups of 2) just stood in front of lord fang. The sister's literally did nothing the entire scenario.

Also, since the purple door is a locked door and can never be opened. I assume that you cannot do ranged attacks through the door as well. Is that correct?

Can lord fang and company move through the locked purple door?

I was honestly let down by the final scenario. I honestly think that respawns should be up, and I feel like everything on that board should aggro. Trigger by a guard reaction or not. Especially when you enter the final chamber. That should be the fight of/for your life, but it really isn't. Eliminate the Troll and Minotaur, then Smack Lord Fang a few times with Emberstrike. GG.

I feel like absence of the graveyard in the last scenario, makes the ability card 'death swarm' only useable for scenario 5 only(u get this card at the end of scenario 4). This is such a shame for such an awesome ability...

yeah death swarm is a pretty great ability. The problem with it is exactly what you are saying. There would seem to always be a better option to buy over it as you'll get to use that other option in the final showdown as well as scenario 5.

I do feel like the sister spawn would be best done in this way. Each time you enter a space in the final chamber you have a chance to spawn one of the sisters that are still in the game. Place all 5 spawn tokens in the room. 1 in each space of the row next to the purple door. then each space to the left and right of the troll/Minotaur. Then you just perform a spawn on a single sister still in the game. They get a free reaction attack when they enter play.
    Last edited by Trigoras; 12-11-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    Also, since the purple door is a locked door and can never be opened. I assume that you cannot do ranged attacks through the door as well. Is that correct?
    ?
    I wasn't sure about this, and initially thought "no". But there is the text that once you have the 5 coins, you ignore the door, so I have played it that you can fire ranged attacks through the "door". This can seem a little cheap, but Lord Fang does have the chance to hit you back, since he is also ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by flamesofthephoenix View Post
    I wasn't sure about this, and initially thought "no". But there is the text that once you have the 5 coins, you ignore the door, so I have played it that you can fire ranged attacks through the "door". This can seem a little cheap, but Lord Fang does have the chance to hit you back, since he is also ranged.
    So I believe the text is that you can move through the door. Not that you ignore it. It's considered a magical barrier. So we played it that you can move through it but you can't attack through it. So the spaces on either side of the magical barrier (closed door) are not considered close spaces because of the closed door rule.

The campaign book says that the door cannot be opened but once a guild has collected six coins then their heroes can move through the door as if it were open. So no line of sight.

Also, Death Swarm is great if you are playing episodic at level five or six, or Beyond the Grave.

Yes, the door is always considered to be closed, so no LOS can be traced through it. The only thing about the door is that a Guild that has accumulated 5 coins may move through it, that's all.

As for the Sisters in the final room, they're only there to possibly run some interference. Often one Guild will occupy the central square, blocking LOS to Lord Fang from the other Guilds. Other players then need to choose whether to try and kill one of those Heroes, or one of the Sisters, in order to gain LOS to Fang. Plus depending on your attack position, you may trigger the Sister's Guard Reaction when attacking Lord Fang.

Thanks for the clarification. The part that threw me was where it said "..its heroes can ignore the magic barrier for the rest of the scenario..."