How big are the flying bases?

Thread: How big are the flying bases?

Question How big are the flying bases?

I don't have Battle of Brighton yet (missed the KS ) and I'm working on some custom objective buildings and I need the dimensions for the flying bases to continue. The width at bottom is the most important part for me. Then the height.

Thanks everyone!

I measured these off of the final shipped product.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ted Terranova; 01-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Ted, should there be an attachment? I don't see any measurements in your post. Thanks!

BTW, I have all the Wave 2 stuff on Pre-Order from MiniatureMarket, it just isn't out yet which is why I don't have Battle of Brighton...yet.

Asatru, sorry I did mess up the attachment. And that's great you pre-ordered the expansions. I was really happy with how the planes turned out. I'm excited to see what you have in the works. The height of the air stand was based on the ostrich with a plug in place. We wanted to avoid as many collisions as possible

Cool 3D Laser Cut Terrain

So to preview what I'm working on, here are the 2D plans for some laser cut Rivet Wars terrain.

The red bricks on the walls and the square separation lines in the floor will be engraved in the wood, all the other lines will be cut out and the pieces put together in 3D.

This is a double-square "Ostrich Factory" that can be used as simple terrain to make the board look cooler, or as a strategic objective. I'll post some 3D pics once its done.

Asatru I'm loving your plans particularly the lost bricks along the top of the walls, very similar to some I'm working on using some plastic army men type scenery (pics)
    Two questions though, are you building this one with a scenario in mind (like myself with a clockwork soldier factory) maybe if the allied troops reach the factory and make certain successful action rolls then they deploy a free ostrich for example?
    Main question for your overall side length dimensions, have you considered the size of the 'wound marker ring' in the base's cross?
    If you want the air units to still sit exactly on the intersections, then the side lengths may need to be slightly shortened.
    I've been playing with my buildings however and this hasn't caused too many bumping unit problems yet.
    Good luck and keep us updated with progress, looking great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymaykadarobots View Post
    Two questions though, are you building this one with a scenario in mind (like myself with a clockwork soldier factory) maybe if the allied troops reach the factory and make certain successful action rolls then they deploy a free ostrich for example?
    Honestly, right now I was just making something cool for the game, hadn't put any thought into scenarios yet. In case you haven't seen what I've done in the past, here are some custom bunkers I made with foam core.

I am designing these digitally so others have the opportunity to build these for their own games (most likely will be using ponoko.com for the laser cutting). I will be remaking the bunkers for laser cutting as well. They will all be cut from burch plywood so they can be glued, primed and painted just like any scenery.

Main question for your overall side length dimensions, have you considered the size of the 'wound marker ring' in the base's cross?
    The dimensions of the building are exactly the width of 2 squares leaving the 4mm of room between tiles for the air unit bases to fit. This is also why I have the engraving lines on the floor of the factory since its double wide, that way air units still know exactly where they need to move. I'm also trying to make sure the height of the building won't interfere with the air units.

If you want the air units to still sit exactly on the intersections, then the side lengths may need to be slightly shortened.
    I'm hoping since I know the height of the flying base (I don't have an actual flying base to test with yet), the building sides will be just low enough to clear any air unit models.

Good luck and keep us updated with progress, looking great so far.
    Thanks!

Cool

And here is a pic of the paper mockup of the factory on some Rivet Wars tiles. There is an Ostrich and mockup of a flying base for sizing. The windows will be cut out in the final wood version, along with frosted acrylic windows.
    Last edited by Asatru_Artist; 01-04-2015 at 07:25 PM.

I love these! I would really like to see more urban terrain with the western front. However, with buildings spanning multiple grids, like the Ostrich Factory, how would air units move to the adjacent intersections?

Quote Originally Posted by biomage View Post
    I love these! I would really like to see more urban terrain with the western front. However, with buildings spanning multiple grids, like the Ostrich Factory, how would air units move to the adjacent intersections?
    I am using "battle damage" as a way of opening up the middle side parts (red arrows in attached image) of the multi-grid buildings so the air unit bases will still fit just fine on the boards with the terrain in place. You can see the size of the air unit bases (blue + shapes) in the 2nd image with the "damage" cut out of the floors to accomidate. I will also have to add battle damage to the walls so the wide bottom of the air unit bases will fit there too. With some creative damage to fit the air unit bases and a cool paint job these will look fantastic on the table.

This sketch is based on an old farm building I saw in Iceland this year and I'm modifying it to work as a building in Rivet Wars.
    Last edited by Asatru_Artist; 01-05-2015 at 03:11 PM.