Queen of Beggars ability

Thread: Queen of Beggars ability

Default Queen of Beggars ability

Hi I know this has been addressed before on another topic, but I just wanted to get official ruling. Is it possible to use QoB to deliver a killing blow on a hero with no exploration tokens? It seems so overpowered to me. I know a similar mechanic from the card 'hate', does not allow players to deal damage unless the suffering player chooses to. I also realize the wording is different(in hate it uses the word 'unless' instead of 'or')

Players are not allowed to choose an action they cannot do. So if they do not have any exploration tokens to give, then they must take the wounds.

hmmm I just re-read the thread where I gathered how hate works before. It is not how I remember it, but it is safe to say the way hate and queen of beggars work, should be similar yes?

correct, the same rule would apply to both.

I guess this ability is very situational to be overpowered. You have to not have any items on your character, she can only do 1 wound per turn, and if a player abuses this power, people will know and make sure to target her....for now it has not caused a major imbalance to the game just yet

IMO, with a 3-4 player game you shouldn't have any one character that is overpowered. The balance becomes more a question in a 2-player game and in games with a mix of new and experienced players.

for example, Spike gets the amulet of retribution. What should happen next is spike gets pummeled by other guilds or targeted by a guild with a counter hero or ability. It becomes more an issue when there are only 2 players. Keeping the overpowered hero dead is a counter to every hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    Keeping the overpowered hero dead is a counter to every hero.
    This is very true