official/community decision needed please.

Thread: official/community decision needed please.

Default official/community decision needed please.

Hi all/Ted, could you please resolve what became an argument for me.
    Tonight my best friend was over playing rivet wars as blight for a change and at a crucial turning point in the blitzkrieg campaign, dog scenario 'death from aboved' a zombie next to my document carrying dog unit in my deployment grid.
    Dog was promptly turned to kibble, but then my friend declared he would now roll to create a new zombie.
    Now I understand zombies were not originally planned in the kick starter so my question is can you zombify a dog/non rivet (human) unit or not. Basically are we going resi-evil or walking dead rules here, ie yay or nay to zombifying critters.
    I tried to explain there are no corresponding miniatures and it doesn't seem in the right spirit but he was going (for the first time ever, as in his favour) letter of the text, as dogs are not gas immune.
    It all got a little pithy, and I nearly committed the Douchy move of 'it's my game, so I call it' but in the end I relented, karma won out and he failed the roll, aha, only child syndrome does not win this time.
    Please could you clear this up for us so no argument in future, he's agreed to go by your word on this.Many thanks

I would agree with your friend. It does not work on units immune to gas. It does not say anything about dogs.

Just because there is not a plague dog mini is no reason to expect the rules to be any different. The spawned plague troopers just represent that the unit is fighting for the Blight. Why can't the new plague trooper represent a plague dog? Realistically, none of the plague trooper represent the units from which they spawn. I mean, they are all wearing Blightun uniforms when they spawn. I would suspect that all plague troopers are not carrying extra uniforms and helmets for the troopers they spawn.

I would stick to the rules and not worry about aesthetics.

Infect works on Infantry units. Guard Dogs are recorded as Infantry units. Infect works on Guard Dogs. Arent there plague dogs in zombicide?

like biomage said: seems a little odd that units carry a second pair of clothes in case they are turned into plague troopers
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Thanks all, have to sat that's not the way I expected opinion to go but I'm cool with it : ), got me think in though.
    We've seen designs for a ruska hero on a bear, and hussars on horseback, and neither have a gas mask ala parman, so given previous answer, would you intend to make two individual zombifying rolls if a zombie killed the unit?
    Just wondered : )

No because they are still a single unit. Beside both the units you mention are cavalry, so immune to Infect.

That is an interesting story, Daddy. Thanks for sharing. And I truly appreciate the "This is my game!" moment I don't think we ever ran into this situation. But because the dog is infantry your friend is correct, as the guys have pointed out. It wasn't planned but now maybe we should make a plague dog? I would question whether the plague that Vorne created could infect a dog. It was bioengineered to infect and affect rivets not other animals. But it appears that what Vorne created may have been stronger and more potent than he had planned. This plague may be out of his control if he has made a simple mistake like this. All life on Rivet may now be at risk...

...and this must be why Ted's never lost an argument

Does anyone else now sense a Rivet Wars: Plague Menagerie expansion starting to take form?

lol, It worked for Zombiecide

RW features clockwork robots and zombies... it demmands a supernatural expansion, tannhauser/achtung cthulhu style. zmbie dog models would be awesome.

I recently discovered C.O. Cthulhu the wasted land so I guess sooner or later I'll be sculpting some unspeakeable rivets and writing down several sanity blowing house rules for them...

...wishing I ordered 2 Blitzkrieg now, could have zombified the second set

Perhaps a zombie faction isn't a bad idea for a sort of mini expansion; it's a tad cliché though.

I'd definitely like more clockwork and plague troopers though to really see the Infect bonus work to its fullest.

When I first started reading this thread I agreed with you OP, but they do make an excellent point. It is unlikely that any Plague Trooper looks like what it was before. Though I think in the case of units who are a bit more interesting than your average infantry (Heroes, Dogs and etc.) it would be cool to have special rules and/or minis to represent the altered change.

I would happily buy Rivet Wars: Plague Menagerie.

I would also buy Rivet Wars: Clockwork Chaos, Rivet Wars: Beasts of the North and Rivet Wars: Mad Science.

Sadly (for my wallet, happily for Ted), I'm sure I would (and will!) buy Rivet Wars: X. At least, I have so far.

I think I agree with decar on this zombies are a cool and interesting unit, especially
    Y if we are going by the exact wording on the back of the card, ie can zombiify a non gas immune hero on the first hit even if it's not the'killing' blow. Makes tunneling/dropping a zombie in next to the hero for the victory point a good strategy if it comes off.
    However as an expansion faction I don't think they have enough scope with zombies being done to death already in wargaming, even just from various kickstarters.nb rum & bones kick starter, anybody else notice the 'terror of nova' character?
    If there was an add ala battle of blighton I think Mars attacks/steam punk/multi tentacled style aliens would be the way to go as stated elsewhere in the forum, but still a similar size proportion to rivets. Maybe just a couple of units for each type but overpowered and they deploy in the middle of the map, and the second player gets to choose from all factions in a temporary truce type situation to attack the common threat

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    That is an interesting story, Daddy. Thanks for sharing. And I truly appreciate the "This is my game!" moment I don't think we ever ran into this situation. But because the dog is infantry your friend is correct, as the guys have pointed out. It wasn't planned but now maybe we should make a plague dog? I would question whether the plague that Vorne created could infect a dog. It was bioengineered to infect and affect rivets not other animals. But it appears that what Vorne created may have been stronger and more potent than he had planned. This plague may be out of his control if he has made a simple mistake like this. All life on Rivet may now be at risk...
    Sounds like a Plague Pack could be useful? Plague troopers, clockwork soldiers with plague dogs and clockwork K-9s. Could allow the retail public access to these units and allow the KS people to get extras of these units. Then we can have some truly awesome Zombie scenarios!!!
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Quote Originally Posted by donnbobhardy View Post
    I'm sure I would (and will!) buy Rivet Wars: X.
    You beat me to it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Terranova View Post
    ...It wasn't planned but now maybe we should make a plague dog?...

OH NOES!!! Have to make more units? Hurry up and take my money already!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang