Ork WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ork WIP

Thanks for the tips guys, I've drilled out the gun barrels, exhausts and just applied the base boat to the metals ready for the wash, which I will do tomorrow as its late atm.. I've already learnt that glazes need to be extremely thin and I made an effort not to really let the glazes pool on the surface and I have caught on that there are parts that need.. tidying up.

This is a huge learning process that BAM has taught me and the knowledge that I've learnt has built up a solid foundation which I can apply to all my models. My painting of this Ork has taken my painting to whole new levels and I feel that without BAM's help I would of been years of painting to his standard. Listening to BAMS has properly compressed a months worth of knowledge into a week or so.
    Regards

David

Awwwwwe shucks dave. Lol anytime I told you I'm gonna see it thru with you until it's ready to post.your learning fast and you've done an amazing no no an outstanding job on this model and for that I'm proud of you.teaching is fun especially when there are guys like you who take and apply that knowledge so fast . Much more to be done but I have no doubts that this is going to be a masterpiece and I'm glad to help and be a part of that anytime bud..welldone. get some rest ,well hit it tomorrow .

Ready to see you tackle the metal bud.

I'm nervous about this step, but it is my first go at proper metal weathering... well here it goes *fingers crossed*

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards

David

OMG it's beautiful OMG OMG if you like did you throw on the agrax earthshade water down glaze if you did it's perfect if you didn't you can but I gotta say this looks lovely.

Very well done!!!

Just got pick out the other details, like the pants, the teeth, the linen wraps, etc and tidy up teh mistakes I've made... I might put on another earthshade glaze down I have put one down I feel the armor still looks a bit bright
    Regards

David

O it your ok to do it actually this is what mine looks like before Ide put the glaze on it if you did your allowed up to 3 so break out the agrax and glaze the whole metal parts down with the intensity.

I've added a few more shades to the armor and started to pick out the little details
    Last edited by EpicMiniArt; 01-30-2015 at 08:27 PM.
    Regards

David

Those are some good looking metals mate. In fact, the whole model is really starting to come together nicely. I would perhaps apply some weathering and scratching to the rockets on the gun and maybe apply some more shading to the lower half of the sides and underside of his trousers.

I've already blended in some more shade into the trousers, I hadn't even thought of doing a little to the rockets, good call. I happy with how it is turning out
    Regards

David

I y self cannot Belive the difference in the model.this is fantastik and yes I agree that some shading to the underside of the Rockets a bit and the panuts should be a bit darker as that's where light won't catch.but this is a fantastik ork model and you have done it much justice with the painting youve applied.you have to be happy with this.I a for you.that's fo sho..

I'll get some more wips up in a couple of hours, I'm well happy with the result so far but there is still little bits that need doing to the model + the base and the banner part which goes on the back of the model
    Regards

David

I want you to do more orks every artist although they can paint any number of things well they have a style that fits certain models...your feeling great I'm sure and love how this turned out so 1 or 2 more that can be a unit of these guys.that's what I did for a year I just painted greenskins and nurgle then I started branching out but you do not have to do it this way that's just a slice from my life for a year your very ready to paint anything your heart desires..now as for getting a nice score on cmon 1st rule is picking models no one has seen a lot of ND then paint it up well with a decent model led base and bang 8-9 averages of the score.

Ok so I've done a little more work on the my little Ork.

On the lower regions of the armor I felt more weathering was needed after some feedback and some a good look at the model.

On the boots I used more pigments a mix of Burnt Umber, Natural Iron Oxide, and a little natural Siena to make the boots look like they are stomping around the battlefield. Washed with a fairly strong Agrax Earthshade wash.

On the mail peice between the legs I only used burnt umber on and with a watered down Agrax Earthshade wash.

Also picked some some more details on the model.
    Regards

David

This shaped up very wonderful m8 .you've really went two town and it shows..rock in job.

I love the way the boots turned out, exactly how i envisioned them and it would be of even been possible without your aid
    Regards

David

lad to help m8ty nothing better than someone you help making progress and sharing in that kinda feeling you get when you paint a rock in model well.great great job epic.yes the boots are quite well done .