Plastic Harlequins.

Thread: Plastic Harlequins.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Plastic Harlequins.

Not knocking the fact that Harlequins are coming out in Plastic instead of "Foulcrust", or the gaming limitation of One Solitaire per army.
    BUT the Paintjobs on the web store prerelease pictures, Oh Dear!

Now I have heard stories about the limited time the 'Eavy Metal have in which to paint a figure, but I'm sorry I'm not impressed with the lack of Panache that the figures deserve.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

agree, but the sculpts don't help either.
    I have a feeling they are TOLD to paint it like that, so customers won't feel as bad, when theirs turn out even worse. The gap in quality is artifically kept smaller I think.

They seem decent enough to me....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I bought a box and the solitaire. I think the paint job and the pics are not showcasing them at their best. I also bought the new necron lord as seeing the solitaire and the lord gave me an idea for a vignette. If i don't like the the box of harlies in person i will raffle them off during a contest on my blog I can't knock them for trying, but I am worried about the rumored plastic SOB release later this year. May have to hold out for the Raging heroes sisters of mercy instead o_O
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I think they are being hyped up a lot. I didn't like the models or the paint, but people seem to be drooling over the new shineys.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    May have to hold out for the Raging heroes sisters of mercy instead o_O
    Early March is when they are eyeballing for the start of that Kickstarter project.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    The Solitaire looks like a basic paintjob but what is your main criticism of the Troope? There are painters on CMON that could do better but there isn't really anything wrong with them. Like others have said, the GW painters aren't out to win Golden Daemons, just to make them look good for selling.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_the_black View Post
    The Solitaire looks like a basic paintjob but what is your main criticism of the Troope? There are painters on CMON that could do better but there isn't really anything wrong with them. Like others have said, the GW painters aren't out to win Golden Daemons, just to make them look good for selling.
    Harlies are supposed to be long slender eldar space clowns with bright colors and loads of patterns and freehand galore. I would have even settled for bold quartered schemes, but there is a lot of black and white on them. It makes them feel drab and stunted. I hope due to the colors and pics, but I'll know for sure when I see them in person. It feels like they started with the patterns and then got bored or more likely overruled half way through. Like a lot of GW stuff these days it feels like they almost gave us what we were expecting but stopped short of full out win. Again, just theories and I remain hopeful as I await my packages
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

I think Zab hit the nail on the head. Compared to the harlies of yesterdays gone, they are just kind of ...bland to me...for the awesomeness that are the Harlequins.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

Brush Brother Moetle

i think they look ok. i didnt react about that when i saw them but then i just recently browsed their new hobbit miniatures 'oh dear...'

They look OK but the poses looks a bit weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_the_black View Post
    In that case, they haven't.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

one think i find 'funny' though is that the 6-man squad is 280 SEK and the single mini Solitaire is 200 SEK. just... huh?

i dont mind the pricing though as junior just became aware of Lego everything is cheap, but this pricing here doesnt make any sense to me.

Lego's are cheap there? As in the building block lego's? how cheap we talkin?

Brush Brother Moetle

no, i meant in comparison with Lego everything is cheap. so no, those filthy blocks will probably ruin me.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    i dont mind the pricing though as junior just became aware of Lego everything is cheap, but this pricing here doesnt make any sense to me.
    Buy your Lego at bricklink.com, tell the sellers to unbox (so that you can save on shipping). Buy minis for the money you save. You can thank me later.

The WD show lot better resolution pics. I am not sure why there is such negativity to the paint jobs. How about all the nay sayers put their money where their mouths are and paint a better version. Actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Not knocking the fact that Harlequins are coming out in Plastic instead of "Foulcrust", or the gaming limitation of One Solitaire per army.

Now I have heard stories about the limited time the 'Eavy Metal have in which to paint a figure, but I'm sorry I'm not impressed with the lack of Panache that the figures deserve.
    AFAIK, they don't have a proper 'eavy metal team any more. But instead employ a hobby team, who paints the models using the GW painting system, in ways that "the masses" find achieveable.

My main problem with the basic troupe, are the bland and poor poses. With all this new 3d technology they play with, those are the most dynamic poses they can come up with?

As for the sisters of battle releases, i am in the Raging Heroes camp aswell.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    AFAIK, they don't have a proper 'eavy metal team any more. But instead employ a hobby team, who paints the models using the GW painting system, in ways that "the masses" find achieveable.

My main problem with the basic troupe, are the bland and poor poses. With all this new 3d technology they play with, those are the most dynamic poses they can come up with?

I have to agree with you there, the poses are somewhat "lacking" in dynamics, and given that they have been produced in Plastic colour have been so much more fluid and impressive.
    As Harelequins are Dancers and Performers it would have made some sense to me to consider using ballet/modern dance or even Parkour photos as a reference. Or was that just too much to expect?
    In any case I had a look at the two White Dwarf's today that contain photos of the Harlequins.
    Oh Crap! How Bad!
    Thick lumpy paint, masking tape bleeds.......be embarrassed GW, be embarrassed!

Now they've irritated me so much with this P.P.P..,that I ended up buying a Solitaire to work on, just to prove that it can be done.
    (Yes I am aware of how twisted my psychology is)

As for the sisters of battle releases, i am in the Raging Heroes camp aswell.
    .........Ditto.
    , and proud of it.