Plastic Harlequins. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plastic Harlequins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Not knocking the fact that Harlequins are coming out in Plastic instead of "Foulcrust", or the gaming limitation of One Solitaire per army.
    BUT the Paintjobs on the web store prerelease pictures, Oh Dear!

Now I have heard stories about the limited time the 'Eavy Metal have in which to paint a figure, but I'm sorry I'm not impressed with the lack of Panache that the figures deserve.
    AFAIK, they don't have a proper 'eavy metal team any more. But instead employ a hobby team, who paints the models using the GW painting system, in ways that "the masses" find achieveable.

My main problem with the basic troupe, are the bland and poor poses. With all this new 3d technology they play with, those are the most dynamic poses they can come up with?

As for the sisters of battle releases, i am in the Raging Heroes camp aswell.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    AFAIK, they don't have a proper 'eavy metal team any more. But instead employ a hobby team, who paints the models using the GW painting system, in ways that "the masses" find achieveable.

My main problem with the basic troupe, are the bland and poor poses. With all this new 3d technology they play with, those are the most dynamic poses they can come up with?

I have to agree with you there, the poses are somewhat "lacking" in dynamics, and given that they have been produced in Plastic colour have been so much more fluid and impressive.
    As Harelequins are Dancers and Performers it would have made some sense to me to consider using ballet/modern dance or even Parkour photos as a reference. Or was that just too much to expect?
    In any case I had a look at the two White Dwarf's today that contain photos of the Harlequins.
    Oh Crap! How Bad!
    Thick lumpy paint, masking tape bleeds.......be embarrassed GW, be embarrassed!

Now they've irritated me so much with this P.P.P..,that I ended up buying a Solitaire to work on, just to prove that it can be done.
    (Yes I am aware of how twisted my psychology is)

As for the sisters of battle releases, i am in the Raging Heroes camp aswell.
    .........Ditto.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

The WD show lot better resolution pics. I am not sure why there is such negativity to the paint jobs. How about all the nay sayers put their money where their mouths are and paint a better version. Actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by loki_the_black View Post
    The WD show lot better resolution pics. I am not sure why there is such negativity to the paint jobs. How about all the nay sayers put their money where their mouths are and paint a better version. Actions speak louder than words.
    These are very nostalgic minis and so there is a precedent that people kind of expect. I think everyone was looking forward to a updated high end version of the RT era space clowns. I bought 'em and i still reserve final judgement until i hold them in my hands
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by loki_the_black View Post
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I purchased the Solitaire for that very reason!
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    , and proud of it.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still ordered a box of harlies and 2 boxes of jetbikes (mainly for my Biel Tan farseer conversion.

However I do believe there is a new death jester that's been spied, if he's in plastic, add to basket.

Though the paint jobs are a bit sombre, it allows us serious boys to go a bit nuts with them

@marjedi: You do not know what you are talking about.

Good luck with the PJ's guys. You will definitely need it.

honestly i dont see the problem with the harlequins. ive seen lot worse models and ive seen lot worse paintjob at the GW site. i think the harlequins are unfairly targeted with gw-bash here.
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 02-09-2015 at 07:27 AM.

I agree with Skel, this looks good to me. It sells the product.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Harlies have always been my favorite in 40k, and i really like 'some' of these, but getting all of these

I'm pretty excited to see what crazy colorful schemes come out of the new Harlequin kits. The GW paintjob is fine but has a dare I say grimdark quality to it.

this, enough said...

harlequins are bloody masterpieces in comparison.

I still love the fact that the one above is £12 while the lovely Gollum on a rock is £4. Guess the price of fish has been rising...

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    this, enough said...

harlequins are bloody masterpieces in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelorn View Post
    I still love the fact that the one above is £12 while the lovely Gollum on a rock is £4. Guess the price of fish has been rising...
    £12?
    £12?

.........on a stick!

I find that I am unable to render any Coherent or Polite Criticisms at this point.
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

I purchased the Solitaire for that very reason!
    Cannot wait to see this. Please post results on this thread.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Newbie, please be gentle Mr.Max's Avatar

Concerning the new Harlequins, what happened to the Death Jesters? Did I miss them on the GW website or have they been phased out or is a new mini model on the way?

I had the original set waaay back in the day and it certainly gave the Eldar player/collector a fine reason to paint their minis in even more garish and lurid colors, I'm hoping to see some wild stuff soon!
    Happy painting!

I'm not a GW hater, I'm just waiting for them to come back to earth on some issues. So far its been a long wait.

The harlquin models do not look like thin lithe and beautiful as their race is supposed to be. Based of of the Harlequin that tenball posted, he looks like has been eating potato chips for the last 100 years. waist too wide, chest too square shaped. It looks like a humie in a clown suit.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Got mine in the mail today. They are great in person
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Max View Post
    Concerning the new Harlequins, what happened to the Death Jesters? Did I miss them on the GW website or have they been phased out or is a new mini model on the way?
    New Death Jester and Shadowseer out this week.
    , and proud of it.

yep. really dig the death jester, although concept is 99,99% the same as the old one. same with the shadowseer.