Epic's WIPs - Page 11
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic's WIPs

Love the dreadnaught Epic but I agree with BAM that you could have probably pushed the contrast a little bit more on the panels and head. It's a wonderfully painted figure, but some extra depth in the recesses and shadows would have really made it sing (I have the same problem - never enough contrast).

On another note I'd like you to look at the first picture of the ork warboss that you posted and then look at the dread and the mage above: your progress has been absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Blog Entries

Yeah! Classic Nurgle Naught. Love the rust.

Cheers Qui and Demi.

The think the pushing the contrast will come with practice. I'm gonna leave the dread along so I can look back and it and see what I've learnt from it
    Regards

David

I found that it was best to just turn it up to the max - people will tell you if it is wrong.

I notched it up at least five times, nobody said too much yet, however I did get feedback on placing it wrong. My advice is to just take the leap. I bet it will look better on pictures/table/in the eyes of others than it does to you when you got it up in your face to paint it.

thats always the problem lol, you are your own worst critic lol
    Regards

David

done a little more to the high elf mage, hes starting to come alive now, except he has no face

smoothed out the cloak a little more and added the gold trim all the way around the cloak and started working on the white cloth etc

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards

David

The capes reds are some of the best I've seen and the blending along with the highlight positioning is quite frankly amazing.

Cheers John, means a lot coming from you

I used this as a reference

Regards

David

Nice red there buddy, this is going to be another amazing piece Epic, such a joy to see you guys paint mini after mini, to see one of min you need to take a ticket and go wait in the endless waiting room LOL

any ideas for the Orb in the staff and the gems?

progress today
    Last edited by EpicMiniArt; 02-22-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    Regards

David

yeah, part of the sculpt I'm affriad, the base part isn't finished the green is waaay too strong and is leading the eye a bit too much
    Regards

David

My suggestion, shade that green with a purple/red, highlight with a green/yellow and make those gems and orb blue/green. Don't have to listen to me it's just the feel i got.

when its done its going to look like an ethereal thingy that the mage is floating on top of
    Regards

David

I can't wait to show you guys my idea of ethereal improved, in my endless tests the past 4 years I came up with my own little idea, I practiced with acrylic metallic paints like crazy before doing to jump to the pro paints..

I have old pictures

Tabletop standard, part of my VC army

Pictures sucks, I will try to take some nice shots of my VC army sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teronus View Post
    My suggestion, shade that green with a purple/red, highlight with a green/yellow and make those gems and orb blue/green. Don't have to listen to me it's just the feel i got.
    Agreed

This is looking very good, great job on those reds. Try using a darker backdrop maybe it hard to see the top light of the metallic parts.
    CMON painter born and raised, soft seven and proud
    Gblaw studio online
    My latest, thanks for watching

Thats a fantastic example Ter, thanks for the reference.

I will bear that in mind Green with the background.

Cheers guys
    Regards

David

check out now Hershey highway .....lmao

been working on the base for the mage.... will need to sleep on it as it doesn't quit like right and it needs a bit of tidying up but looking at it with fresh eyes will certainly help

Gonna hit it with a thin purple oil wash tomorrow, that will help with the contrast of it
    Last edited by EpicMiniArt; 02-23-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Regards

David

not her model since the tutorladge that has come out effing amazing..Dave I'm proud of ya bud now go start that lizardman and win something with your new found skills.