Goritsi bases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goritsi bases.

Default Goritsi bases.

Ok so I asked CMON support for once and for all if there a alternative for Goritsi base inserts. Ether returning for different bases (ie Nasir, Hadross etc.) or becoming a late backer for the MAS bases, or anything that is not just a refund and this is the reply I got.
    " Thanks for contacting. The only option would be to send back and receive a refund.
    Thanks for your Support. "
    So there you have it. Refund or nothing. So now I'm deciding if I want to keep the dirt bases and if so what can I do to make them less boring. Which is something I shouldn't have to do in the first place!.....sigh... I guess they do fill in the base hole so I can build on it. Ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Hotfoot View Post
    Ok so I asked CMON support for once and for all if there a alternative for Goritsi base inserts. Ether returning for different bases (ie Nasir, Hadross etc.) or becoming a late backer for the MAS bases, or anything that is not just a refund and this is the reply I got.
    " Thanks for contacting. The only option would be to send back and receive a refund.
    So there you have it. Refund or nothing. So now I'm deciding if I want to keep the dirt bases and if so what can I do to make them less boring. Which is something I shouldn't have to do in the first place!.....sigh... I guess they do fill in the base hole so I can build on it. Ideas??
    If you have any extra bits (Arms, legs, torsos), you can make it look like the werewolves and vampires left parts of their victims laying on the ground around them. for the vampires, you can build on the sides with cork to make the dirt look like the bottom of a grave and the vampire is standing in it. You could paint the dirt like normal, then dry brush lines on it like scorch marks on the ground from some arcane ritual.

there are a few ideas you could come up with.

It does suck the quality of those inserts is so bad compared to the other factions.

Though if everyone that got those bases returned them, that might send a message. Mostly since I doubt they will be able to sell the dirt bases as is outside of the kickstarter. Nobody actually would knowingling pay for dirt bases, they can make dirt bases easier and cheaper themselves.

Those are some good ideas there, especially for the vampires with the grave thing. I'm gonna try that. Thanks. Yeah I am genuinely surprised that they didn't try in anyway to make up for these horridly boring bases. I wanted to save myself some time by NOT having to make my bases, but guess that idea is out the window. I wouldn't be so upset if all the other bases weren't so cool. and we Goritsi get dirt? Booooo!..sigh

Good thing we did not back Micro arts Studio bases based on how CMON has handled this. Who know what those backers will be getting!!!??

The goritsi bases were the only set I bought because they looked so great. Still excited to receive my pledge, but won't be using these bases

The best use for them is to use them to build on top of, which to me completely misses the point of ordering these bases.

The best use for them is to use them to build on top of, which to me completely misses the point of ordering these bases.
    There was a mention they were going to have the Goritsi inserts be multipart, maybe they ran out of time and only had the dirt bottoms ready.

I didn't get any inserts from WoK so I can't send anything back for a refund, but returning them might be the best option, especially as a form of protest.

I did get the MAS inserts though so I won't be able to base my Goritsi til I get that in. So I'll have to play Nasir until then

I'm so happy that I decided not to get the bases. I would be in rage if I must spend money to send them back.

CMON had enough time to make pictures of the bases and let the backers do decide if they want them or not, after they knew they could make decent bases.

Yeah that's what I don't get, a change like the Goritsi bases is a drastic enough change that it warranted an update. Just like they updated when the sculpts of certain figs changed. But they probably knew they had a stinker on they're hands and didn't want to be stuck with all those bases themselves. I guess the thing that bugs me the most now is that no one is acknowledging how they made a misstep not telling backers what a drastic change they were getting.

Yeah that's what I don't get, a change like the Goritsi bases is a drastic enough change that it warranted an update. Just like they updated when the sculpts of certain figs changed. But they probably knew they had a stinker on they're hands and didn't want to be stuck with all those bases themselves. I guess the thing that bugs me the most now is that no one is acknowledging how they made a misstep not telling backers what a drastic change they were getting.
    What annoys me is I saw the goritsi bases linked at dakka dakka and immediately contacted customer service to ask them to alter my order. I asked for either a refund or an exchange. They replied "Thanks for contacting. I do apologize as we are not able to alter your items, if you receive and do not like, please contact in regards to a refund". So now whenever they finally get around to sending my order I will have to pay to send back the damn bases in order to get my refund. Because of this, I am not buying a Cool mini or not product ever again and am encouraging my friends to do the same.

I did the exact same thing and got the exact same reply. :-/ very disheartening.

To be fair to CMON, going through every order to remove one or two peoples Goritsi bases is going to be VERY time consuming and further delay EVERY order they have, as they will have to stop sending them out to make sure they can track down the right orderes*. So to leave them in and let people make a desicion based on the physical item in their hand is the least troubling /impactful way round this issue.

If you are un-happy with the situation of paying for returns speak to CMON, they may generate a pre-paid returns slip for you. Dont automatically assume that they wont (I know some UK companies only generate pre-paid returns if you ask)

*And if they did that it would cause even bigger back lash!
    Last edited by Lord Nat; 02-06-2015 at 05:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nat View Post
    To be fair to CMON, going through every order to remove one or two peoples Goritsi bases is going to be VERY time consuming and further delay EVERY order they have, as they will have to stop sending them out to make sure they can track down the right orderes*. So to leave them in and let people make a desicion based on the physical item in their hand is the least troubling /impactful way round this issue.

If you are un-happy with the situation of paying for returns speak to CMON, they may generate a pre-paid returns slip for you. Dont automatically assume that they wont (I know some UK companies only generate pre-paid returns if you ask)

*And if they did that it would cause even bigger back lash!
    They are hand sorting the kickstarter rewards then shipping them. I am fine with being the last person shipped if I do not have to send back these bases. If they had said they were willing to put my order on hold while they completed shipping and then could address the issue I would have no problem with them. But they have not, claiming that they are "not able to" alter a hand sorted shipment. If a pre-paid return shows up with my package I will post it with a retraction of these statements. If not, I will spend my money to return as well as send notice to the Georgia chamber of commerce and better business bureau as their dirt bases is pretty much fraud. If you have not seen them, visit http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...10/546163.page

What really pisses me off is that these bases were the reason I went a la carte instead of getting King. I considered getting king and trading one of the starters for 40 dollars of add-ons but wanted gothic style bases as well as 2 infantry sets. Now I get bare ground bases? 2 out of 3 of the pictured bases were indoors!

They already put all orders on hold to sort out the character cards issue, they just didn't advertise it. I would rather not get the plain dirt bases either.

Hey guys,

When we developed Wrath of Kings we were excited to bring a fast paced and unique game to the table top market. WoK is a product we're incredibly proud of from the beautiful models to the intuitive rules. When we set out to make Wrath of Kings we had grand plans and idealistic dreams, but, as with any product that is going to be delivered to the masses, things had to change. These changes affected everything from rules and unit stats and even to sculpts. One such sculpt was the Goritsi bases. Of course we loved the gothic-esque bases we had designed at the start of the kickastarter, but the reality was they couldn't be produced effectively. We love Wrath of Kings and we truly appreciate your support, the last thing we want is for you to have any negative feelings about the overall game due to one component of the kickstarer.

So, if you are unsatisfied with the Goritsi bases please contact customer support (support@cmon.com) and we will give you a refund, you will not have to send the bases you received back.

Thank you for you support, and good luck on the battlefield!
    Spencer Reeve
    Marketing Executive
    CoolMiniOrNot Inc.

I gotta say, when I started this thread I was looking for two things. A place to blow off some frustration with other backers that got the bases. And a possible explanation from a CMON staff of what happened. This very classy and not what I expected. Thank you so much for continuing to listen to the community.

aj

Quote Originally Posted by CMON_Spencer View Post
    Hey guys,

When we developed Wrath of Kings we were excited to bring a fast paced and unique game to the table top market. WoK is a product we're incredibly proud of from the beautiful models to the intuitive rules. When we set out to make Wrath of Kings we had grand plans and idealistic dreams, but, as with any product that is going to be delivered to the masses, things had to change. These changes affected everything from rules and unit stats and even to sculpts. One such sculpt was the Goritsi bases. Of course we loved the gothic-esque bases we had designed at the start of the kickastarter, but the reality was they couldn't be produced effectively. We love Wrath of Kings and we truly appreciate your support, the last thing we want is for you to have any negative feelings about the overall game due to one component of the kickstarer.

So, if you are unsatisfied with the Goritsi bases please contact customer support (support@cmon.com) and we will give you a refund, you will not have to send the bases you received back.

Thank you for you support, and good luck on the battlefield!
    I just got this message from Terrance Barnett: "Thanks for contacting. You are more than welcome to return the bases to the shipper and once received, we will issue a refund."

So, who is right? If I have to send back, what address do I send it to?

Quote Originally Posted by rayous View Post
    I just got this message from Terrance Barnett: "Thanks for contacting. You are more than welcome to return the bases to the shipper and once received, we will issue a refund."

So, who is right? If I have to send back, what address do I send it to?
    I got the same message from him. I linked him to this post and have yet to receive a response.

Can you post a photo of these base inserts? If you (or anyone) doesn't want them we should talk, I didn't buy the inserts and some models won't even fit on the base, (i.e., blood engine feet are on the rim of the base if I try. Thank you kindly.

Edit: I see that link posted a photo, thank you.
    Last edited by bigopfer; 02-11-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigopfer View Post
    Can you post a photo of these base inserts? If you (or anyone) doesn't want them we should talk, I didn't buy the inserts and some models won't even fit on the base, (i.e., blood engine feet are on the rim of the base if I try. Thank you kindly.

Edit: I see that link posted a photo, thank you.
    I might actually be interested in buying them off some people as well... I'm just hoping to find a photo besides the one on dakka, which was shot with a pretty poor camera after it had been hastily washed... Just a nice photo of the stock bases would be nice.