Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Dazed monsters

  1. #1
    Newbie, please be gentle Bacms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cambridge,UK
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Dazed monsters

    Hi guys,

    I have been playing a campaign and a question arose about if monsters can become dazed and if so how do they recover from it? We played so that monsters can never become Dazed as otherwise it makes Characters stupidly easy to kill since they never become undazed. How have been people dealing with this issue? I didn't find anything on the rulebook.

  2. #2

    Default

    1. Yes, monsters can become dazed. This isn't often much of an issue as only the villains normally have defense and by that point, it is pretty nominal.
    2. They can't rest, and therefore can't become undazed.

  3. #3

    Default

    There have been discussions on this topic before. The real problem here is that the dazed monsters can't remove it. You could house rule that instead of a dazed monster taking a payback reaction or movement the controlling player could choose to rest the monster instead and would then be undazed upon future attacks.

  4. #4

    Default

    another possible house rule might be: if a monster doesn't have any close enemies at the end of [any] turn they remove the daze

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    There have been discussions on this topic before. The real problem here is that the dazed monsters can't remove it. You could house rule that instead of a dazed monster taking a payback reaction or movement the controlling player could choose to rest the monster instead and would then be undazed upon future attacks.
    I don't see this working except in situations where the controlling player (for the first reaction) is unable to reach the villain. If they can reach the monster in their next activation, they would want the monster to be dazed.

  6. #6

    Default

    We have house-ruled that monsters cannot be dazed.
    We found that it can ruin the bosses battles experience.

  7. #7
    Newbie, please be gentle Bacms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cambridge,UK
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigoras View Post
    There have been discussions on this topic before. The real problem here is that the dazed monsters can't remove it. You could house rule that instead of a dazed monster taking a payback reaction or movement the controlling player could choose to rest the monster instead and would then be undazed upon future attacks.
    I actually quite like this idea but it does not really work on 2 player games and I can also see it being a problem when the person activating the monsters is the only one who can attack the villain.

  8. #8
    Newbie, please be gentle Bacms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cambridge,UK
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joakim.backryd View Post
    another possible house rule might be: if a monster doesn't have any close enemies at the end of [any] turn they remove the daze
    Again I am wondering how many times this actually happens as quite often you have at least two guilds trying to take down the same Villain

  9. #9

    Default

    I feel as monsters shouldn't be able to be dazed as it makes villains easy to kill.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldmyth View Post
    I feel as monsters shouldn't be able to be dazed as it makes villains easy to kill.
    I don't understand, the dazed rule says that they don't roll defense, and only the Villains have defense. Rule says nothing about not been able to Payback or I'm wrong??

  11. #11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2016 CMON Inc.

-->