Troll vs Spike and Character with Amulet of Retribution (who gets the kill?)

Thread: Troll vs Spike and Character with Amulet of Retribution (who gets the kill?)

Default Troll vs Spike and Character with Amulet of Retribution (who gets the kill?)

So, I have Spike. In the same space as me is another character (from another guild) with the amulet of retribution.

I attack the Troll but don't kill him. He does his Payback attack and he targets all heros as his card states.

Both my defense roll and the defense roll from the other hero with amulet of retribution can kill the Troll.

Who gets the kill?

The troll attacks you first, as you are the main target for the payback reaction, so your defence should come first.
    -=[Beneath the howling stars]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyon View Post
    The troll attacks you first, as you are the main target for the payback reaction, so your defence should come first.
    +1

This also means that if Spike's retribution does not kill the troll, that it is setting up the kill from the amulet.

Correction: Since the defenses are simultaneous, it is the active player who decides in which order to execute them.
    Last edited by Loophole Master; 02-18-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loophole Master View Post
    Correction: Since the defenses are simultaneous, it is the active player who decides in which order to apply the effects.
    Does he decide before or after the defense dice are rolled?

He should decide the order in which the Defense dice are rolled, since the effects from those rolls will be applied immediately after each roll.

Good to know as this just happened to me lol

Who is the active player in the example from the OP? The one controlling spike, or the one controlling the troll?
    -=[Beneath the howling stars]=-

Active player usually refers to the person whose turn it is, so I would say the person controlling Spike.

EDIT: From the rulebook: "Their activationis always controlled by the player to the right of the active player." Their is referring to the monsters. So the player whose turn it is is still active during the monster attack.
    Last edited by donnbobhardy; 02-19-2015 at 11:57 AM.