Conan Miniatures!

Thread: Conan Miniatures!

Default Conan Miniatures!

A messenger arrived in the realm primeval, barely alive, with a missive for the barbarian king today. Although the parchment was rent and covered in blood due to the messenger being accosted by bandits during his journey, I was able to make out the following. More information is needed, but the hopes of the realm are raised!

First section, from Mongoose Publishing, maker of the Conan RPG:
    \"On top of this, we have many lines of miniatures coming out to support our roleplaying games, including Lone Wolf,
    Conan, Paranoia and many more, so stay tuned - Mongoose Publishing is set to lead the way in miniatures gaming!\"

Second section from the Mongoose forums:
    \"Sometime next year, they will look great, probably two limited edition box sets, and that is all _I_ know at the moment!

Minor celebrations have sprung up in various villages, but I will wait to declare a barbarian holdiay until further information is gathered

lol

break out the mead and the drinking horns!!:cool:

Blog Entries

CROM!!!

Yes, I Like it - and may have to order a set.:D

Now to arrange suitable bribes and/or threats to secure the job as painter for those sets....

Default bribes?

my gods man, YOU are the Barbarian KING...you will not cater to bribes.

Threats.....now you are talking!

Isn\'t Mongoose the publisher of those \" barbarians \" miniatures? If so GOD I hope they get better sculpts for the conan minis.............. hmmmmmm:idea:

Originally posted by SIGIL

Isn\'t Mongoose the publisher of those \" barbarians \" miniatures? If so GOD I hope they get better sculpts for the conan minis.............. hmmmmmm:idea:
    Yeah, Mongoose has that 15mm Mighty Armies game and they have barbarians in it. Not real impressive. They seem to be doing good work with the Conan license so far though, so I am hopeful. I don\'t know if they already have someone lined up, but you should contact them - your unfinished barbarians looked like they would have been awesome!

Hey thanks Primeval.... I will be sure and get up some pics of my latest unfinished barbarians.. lol :P

Originally posted by SIGIL
    Hey thanks Primeval.... I will be sure and get up some pics of my latest unfinished barbarians.. lol :P
    Oops, that came out wrong :)

But since your last unfinished ones were torsos and legs, maybe this next batch of unfinished barbarians should just be heads and arms :P

heh heh. Actually they were SO frikken close to being finished before I took it in my head that they needed \" tweaking \" and began clumsily chop chop chopping away. :rolleyes:

Oi. I am recovering now. I think the next pics I post will be finished products instead of WIPs. I think I just get too eager for feedback and wind up getting a head of myself.

Originally posted by Primeval
    Now to arrange suitable bribes and/or threats to secure the job as painter for those sets....
    BRIBES!?!?!

YOU ARE A BARBARIAN. What care you for riches! All you care about is revenge and crushing your enemy what time have you for wealth. That time should be spent killing.

I hope this is Lone Wolf from Fire and Ice . I love that character.

Originally posted by Smoth
    BRIBES!?!?!

YOU ARE A BARBARIAN. What care you for riches! All you care about is revenge and crushing your enemy what time have you for wealth. That time should be spent killing.
    Good point - I will simply have to slay the many painters more qualified than me for the job!

Originally posted by Ebonbuddha
    I have this old miniature of him that I have no idea who made:

I think he was called Darkwolf in Fire and Ice though.

Blog Entries

Could it not also be Lone Wolf from Lone Wolf and Child?

Just a non barbarian thought.

CROM!!

Yeah, that\'s the guy. I definitely want him. I also want the figs of that over rated wuss, Conan.lol

Originally posted by Ebonbuddha
    I have this old miniature of him that I have no idea who made:

I think he was called Darkwolf in Fire and Ice though.

Originally posted by steelcult
    Could it not also be Lone Wolf from Lone Wolf and Child?

Just a non barbarian thought.

CROM!!
    Looks like Lone Wolf is from some old solo gaming books? Here is the link to Mongoose\'s page about him:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/rpg/series.php?qsSeries=24