Article: Experiences with NMM

Thread: Article: Experiences with NMM

Default Article: Experiences with NMM

​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Good article, BF. You've covered a lot in little text, also very clear and easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by oistene View Post
    Good article, BF. You've covered a lot in little text, also very clear and easy to understand.
    Thank you Oistene. I am glad it was useful for you, and I hope that many painters find reason to reference it!
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

This is great I especially appreciate all the detail you went into as I'm struggling to 'get ' nmm at the moment. I understand more now.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

this article is great! Im trying NMM for my Goritsi and this helped a lot!

Nicely done. Informative. I've done my best to avoid tackling this over the years and now I feel like I have a place to start. Thanks!

Thanks a lot everyone!!! I am glad to hear that my descriptions were actually of some use to people. If any of you ever need further explanation, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to work one on one with you until it works!!! Seriously, if I can do this, any one of you can! I'd be more than happy to walk you through individually until the results are what you are looking for...

Superb article which will be a great help as I'm struggling with NMM myself. Any tips on how to apply on cylinderical objects and/or balls?

Million thanks for this great article,

Gino

Yes of course.

Cylinders: the horizon line always travels lengthwise along the axis, no matter what direction the cylinder is facing. So if a metal bar rests up and down on a table, the horizon would be up and down too (and not left and right as common sense would dictate since this is the actual direction of the horizon line). What does the horizon have to do with shading? Everything. So take this bar, or metal cylinder, that sits on the table. Imagine a line running up and down the cylinder. Shade everything to the left or right of the line, depending on which side the sun is on.

With a circle, or sphere, highlight by painting circled within circles, getting smaller and smaller with the circles as you go, as well as getting lighter and lighter. And of course shade away from the light source too. There are pics of both of these all over the GoogleNet.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Yes of course.

Cylinders: the horizon line always travels lengthwise along the axis, no matter what direction the cylinder is facing. So if a metal bar rests up and down on a table, the horizon would be up and down too (and not left and right as common sense would dictate since this is the actual direction of the horizon line). What does the horizon have to do with shading? Everything. So take this bar, or metal cylinder, that sits on the table. Imagine a line running up and down the cylinder. Shade everything to the left or right of the line, depending on which side the sun is on.

With a circle, or sphere, highlight by painting circled within circles, getting smaller and smaller with the circles as you go, as well as getting lighter and lighter. And of course shade away from the light source too. There are pics of both of these all over the GoogleNet.
    Wow, thank you very much for the quick and very helpfull answer. Now i got to try to bring the theory to the practice . Will need a lot of excercise though.

Thank you once again,

Gino Poppe

Great article, I hope to apply its concepts successfully.

I know it's old but this article had been very helpful for me. I shall be using it as reference