Tom Loback RIP

Thread: Tom Loback RIP

Default Tom Loback RIP

An awful news arrived to me this evening via http://deartonyblair.blogspot.it/201...ssed-away.html and http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=376955

Tom Loback has passed away.

It is with great sadness that I post that Tom Loback passed away on the 5th March, in the arms of his wife, Susan. He had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer only a few weeks ago. To quote Susan;

'My darling Tom Passed peacefully in his sleep from my arms into the Arms of God. At 7:35 this morning. Love. Susan'

I am sure you will all join me in prayers for the man who brought us so much joy through his work. I regret that I never met him personally although I know a few of you did. I got to know him a little through Facebook and my correspondence regarding miniatures. I know there are a lot of people whom he touched with his artistry, compassion and friendship. May he rest in peace and his memory live on in our thoughts.
    David

Tom Loback was, IMHO, one of the most talented and visionary miniature sculptors (and artists) out there, and one of my favourites along with Nick Lund, and his Dragontooth miniatures are still amongst the most evocative and original sculpts in the fantasy miniatures history.

We were all blessed by the decision of this versatile artist to create some miniature masterpieces for his Dragontooth company from mid 70s to mid 80s, when he realized some pieces that still today are wonderful miniatures and pieces of art.

RIP

Name:  Sculptortomloback.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  47.9 KB
    Last edited by cucaiothegreat; 03-07-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum. (Duke Nukem 3D)
    A man … if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. (Arthur Schopenhauer)
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing. (Cole's Axiom)

My personal page on Lost Minis Wiki