Tero's Corner - Page 118
Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2533

Thread: Tero's Corner

im kinda looking forward to see this with the unpainted areas at least basecoated, right now everything seems a bit washed out in the images.
    i can still see the effort put in this though

Thanks guys, I am happy you like it!

No painting since, dog is still adjusting from the Addison disease attack she had last May, well the vets told me it take up to a year to adjust her blood cells, electrolytes and bunch of other stuff... She is on 4 type of medication sometimes, but what is most important id her Addison meds I got to give her 2 times a day I can never miss a shot otherwise she can get another attack etc etc She also have incontinence during the night oh well, I was kind of busy. Anyway not to write a drama I should be having some painting time in the week end we see then gang!

Hang in there ter. My Bernese mountain dog just got out of a two day stay in the local animal hospital...we thought his other kidney was failing.and he only has 1 left so after all the X-rays ,ultrasound and $2,046.00 later...turns out he was just constipated. Really scary when our canine friends become ill and being they cannot speak our language it's always a guessing game because one can never take a chance on gambling their beautiful lil lives away. So I'm glad your taking care of your shepherd...my mom used to say that you can tell a lot about a person if they love animals.your a great guy and a phenomenally talented mate. So hang in there bud !!!

Sorry about your dog's unpleasant adjustment to her condition, Tero.
    I'm eager to see the non-metallic parts start appearing, as I think you've laid down an awesome counterpoint to some nice and more conventional (though still micro-painted) details.

Sending good vibes for you, your family and your furry friend.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Hey guys thanks for the support, I really need it. Yeah BAM tell me about it, since last May it cost me around 4 grands in pet hospital bills, vet visits and medication... Ho and did I mention that I have to give her medication for the rest of her life. Anyway my dog is a bit better this week end, no leakage during the night

Not much painting done but I started on the TMM gold parts and I think you going to like it, it's a really nice contrast with the purplish armor, that was my goal all along.

Maybe some pictures tonight.

I totally understand and empathize with you. After all they don't seal our language and being domesticated we are the ones that HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF EM bud. They need us no matter what the cost. Hang in there. It's all we can do joc. Btw the purple gold is a beautiful contrast combo. I rem when you first got back into it you hardly even knew about all the newest shit going in. But now your speaking everybody's language and you've taken to color theory like a Russian takes to weightlifting!!! Lol and in spite of all this your painting has gotten so much better and def oozes all the highest standardized techniques of today's miniature painters . All I can say is 1) were /I'm super duper proud of you. And 2) I'm /were super duper duper proud of you!!!

YES Bro you'r right! And thanks man! I can never say enough, thanks John!

Update on the gold details: Some final highlights and fluffs less, anyway I need to do the whole armor's so I will do all fluff and fusses at the same time.

One question, should I do the inside of the shoulder pad with gold a bit?

Name:  IMG_7740a.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  1.06 MB

Name:  IMG_7741a.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  1.59 MB

Name:  IMG_7742a.jpg
Size:  515.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7743a.jpg
Size:  1.84 MB
    Last edited by Teronus; 09-11-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Anytime I paint a marine I carry the color over to the inside. So I do and think yes is the right answer furor the inside being gold too.

I always do the inside of the shoulder pad to match the trim, looks better imo. The gold had really made this mini pop, it's coming together really nicely now

Nice work, Tero. That's definitely an eye-grabbing color pairing you've got going on.

I agree with the that the gold really helped make the intricacy of the existing metal pop.

I like the golden additions ^^ and I think gold on the inner side of the shoulder pad too. (but I did not understand if you were asking for a golden reflection of the trim or the inner part being full gold)
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Thanks guys!

The inside shoulder pads are done in gold as well so next will be the long and presise final general metallic highlights (there will be only some small details where I will come back after with some more highlights, like around the eyes where there will be also some OSL around) Before I hit the non metallic details I need my metallic to be done a maximum to avoid accidents on the non metallic details. I just struggle to find a vision for the gun holster, should I go with a purple to match the armor? A leather? Like the belt? Suggestions are welcome.

would suggest a dark leather, the belt on the marine would be the same metal as the rest of the armour
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

I'm more and more impressed with every new picture. I love the way you can make the intricate detailing of the armour stand out up close, but if you zoom out to the point you can't see the pattern it still looks like expertly painted armour, not a mottled mess.

As wargamesculpter said, I think a leather would suit the holster better. I think purple might look a bit gaudy.
    Maybe leather with a little purple flourish in one corner?

Fox

Tanks guys I will take you both suggestions into consideration.

Well you all deserved it, I finally decided to take some manual shots after I finish most of the final highlights tonight to show you the extend of my techniques.

I am really happy with that gold

Name:  IMG_7747a.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  361.6 KB

Name:  IMG_7751a.jpg
Size:  345.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7756a.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  IMG_7759a.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  IMG_7765a.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  1.14 MB

Name:  IMG_7768a.jpg
Size:  1.00 MB
    Last edited by Teronus; 09-14-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Excellent work my friend. The gold looks really nice now, I'm with the others, leather holster would look good, perhaps with a tint of purple I'm the shades

The gold looks great, aged but well maintained. Really like the colour hues you have in the rest of the metal. As the others have said purple contrast/Shading in the holster could add some real interest
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk