Crystal Brush 2015 pictures - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Brush 2015 pictures

alright guys If you don't vote tonight vote tomorrow morning cause it just got pushed back another 3 hours

If you guys can't get it today Def do it early morning before 11

f you guys are up in the next 3 hours vote for me and baily if you have to do it tomorrow THEN TOMORROW VOTE BEFORE 10AM.. FOR ME AND MY MAN BAILY .THANK GUYS

Ha, sooner or later they will have voting go up. If you're in the US, check back in the morning. If it's not up by then there are some serious problems!

In other news, Fluister's photo gallery got a shout out over on MassiveVoodoo
    http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/20...rush-2015.html
    Thanks for posting the photos for everyone!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    Ha, sooner or later they will have voting go up. If you're in the US, check back in the morning. If it's not up by then there are some serious problems!

In other news, Fluister's photo gallery got a shout out over on MassiveVoodoo
    http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/20...rush-2015.html
    Thanks for posting the photos for everyone!
    Classic! that's one way to avoid the snipers! (or insure that only snipers vote :/ )

Great photos!

Welp, voting's up now, though I'm not sure any other living soul is. Got my votes in (except for on my own minis. I don't see that we shouldn't but it feels strange to do so. Are those of you that entered voting on your own? Is that taboo???).

Rooting for you guys!

You give yourself a ten, not because you necessarily feel that you deserve it, but because you need to make up for that guy sniping you with an one.

True, but also because you deserve it! I'd forgotten how much detail you'd put in the Archivist. Really pretty delicate work on the cape. I don't know how that category will play out, but it's in my top three and a 10 from me. That's more than I gave my own piece in that category, and I'm pretty biased towards me!

I have no clue how this will play out. I didn't give a single under 8 o_O It is stupid crazy competition this year, in fact most were 9 or 10! It was worth the wait for the photos too
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

No sculptors this year or new bloods?

Seemed some of the mini's were in the wrong places, or am I just seeing things?

Lots of great stuff though.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

There was only one sculpting entry, so maybe they figured why bother voting? And I thought there were a bunch of new talent entries, but I suppose they could just be really bad regular entries. Or maybe the judges will pick new talent and not bother with the Internet vote.

What I find odd, if there really was a "first cut" scenario, why are there only two entries for Historical Single and Unit? Is no one deemed worthy for the bronze?

Blog Entries

Voted! Is there a way to see the current score?

Sionid you better vote for your own. $10,000 will go a long ways toward those student loans... or a honeymoon

Everyone going to the awards ceremony, we have been requested to do a group shot, we should get on that. But at the end so everyone can show their trophies and Bailey can show off his novelty sized check.

Just looked at the display cabinet....wow! I did not see a bad mini and have to say a few forumites need to improve their photography skills. Even the photos in the voting gallery suck compared to the real thing.

This is in contrast to Golden Demon a few years back where the photos were as good or better than real life.

i am heading out now as little man has had enough of vacation.

These all look fantastic!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dezmo1218 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind the 'first cut' process that was implemented before the voting gallery went up?

I'm finding it really strange and shocking that a lot of out of this world entries didn't even get on the page for voting?

12 entries cut down to 4?

Some categories (like the chibi) don't look cut down at all?

Hearing a lot of rumors around the con, guys.
    What got cut? I am watching from home so I have no idea. I would like to see pictures of something that was awesome that got cut. I do think mini painting can be very subjective so some times one style is favored over another, but also it's tough to judge. How do you account for an 'okay' paint job on an amazing sculpt, or vice versa? Not a job I would want.

Blog Entries

WooHoo! The winners are in, congrats to everyone!

I sure hope Bailey, BAM and Sionid are able to carry all those trophies! Congrats to you and all other winners!

Thanks, guys. I know we're all really pleased with the results. And luckily 4-time Crystal Brush winner Sionid drove, so no need to cram all that in her suitcase.