Gas and Turret rules question

Thread: Gas and Turret rules question

Default Gas and Turret rules question

I have a couple rules questions:

1. Does a bunker's -1 defense dice buff affect gas attacks? I don't think it should, by my son argues that there are no exceptions.

2. Can you place a static turret in an objective or bunker? My son and I sometimes play attack and defend type missions and he likes to use this tactic. Sometimes he plops one down in the 1st grid location without a plug just to absorb damage and deny me the terrain.

1. Your son is correct - No Exceptions - consider it a bunker with less exposure to gas.

2. Technically Turrets can only be placed in your deployment zone - although it is usually considered acceptable to deploy in your territory. I do not think it is acceptable because only Infantry may enter SOs.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Quote Originally Posted by Decar View Post
    1. Your son is correct - No Exceptions - consider it a bunker with less exposure to gas.

2. Technically Turrets can only be placed in your deployment zone - although it is usually considered acceptable to deploy in your territory. I do not think it is acceptable because only Infantry may enter SOs.
    I second both of these.

The idea to plop it down to deny terrain is a good tactic but sadly misplace. My opinion is if you guys think it is more fun that way, go for it. I highly doubt that ship would sale in a tournament though.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios