Thread: Engineers

Default Engineers

An Engineer unit would be a nice addition, I think. He could create or destroy minefields and tank traps as an action and deploy plugged turrets in his grid the way Uncle Rivet and Iron Chancellor form deployment zones in objectives. He should also Bolster Defense (-1) in his grid to simulate digging in, kind of like a mobile bunker. My son and I already proxy this unit by placing a blue shield on an infantry figure (add 1 pt to deployment cost), it balances well and is simple to implement.

Thoughts/suggestions/critiques?

like the idea. +1

With this and APC concept
    Hopefully western front unit will be refreshing than just a rehearse of eastern front

love the idea. How about the unit can build a physical wall instead of shooting/moving that turn, maybe a wall is placed on the board, but as quickly made it could be removed by vehicles if the grid is empty in the same way as barb wire, so he creates a slightly less safe static bunker. I think giving him the general '1 less die' ability and being mobile would be too much, every group would suddenly have an engineer in it, but if he is building a bunker as a beachhead it could work well.

Yeah, I need to nerd him a bit. I'll make the cost higher, 3 DPs. Also, the Bolster Defense (-1) doesn't work unless the unit doesn't move for a turn, I'll call it Dig In. Also, I'll call the build wire/tank trap/minefield action SeaBee and the destroy wire/tank/minefield action Sapper. Movement 1. Range (Ground) 1, Range (Air) 0. I'll keep his attack stats low to highlight his use as a support unit.

D6 Armor Type (number of dots)
    1 1
    1 2
    0 3
    0 4
    0 5

Came across this design I did for such a unit yesterday, think I did this just after the kickstarter finished, and not sure if I posted it or not, but I do like the idea of subtly altering the map with such a unit if you can keep them alive.
    Need to work on my Rivet Wars 'style' a bit but I remember being quite chuffed with the pick : )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's awesome, I didn't think of making the engineer a two-base team, but it really works!

That is super cool. This is also the first "fan art" I have seen for Rivet Wars. I always wished there was more.
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Apparently I must spread more Reputation before I am allowed to give you more. @daddymakadarobots you have officially broken the internets with your awesome!

Edit: typo
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MAJBrown View Post
    That's awesome, I didn't think of making the engineer a two-base team, but it really works!
    I like the idea and well... kinda makes sense to me that it takes 2 guys to repair bikes or artillery, or at least doing so in timely fashion amidst combat situations. Plus it would grant a grid containing only a cavalry/artillery unit plus engineers doing repairs, instead of having room for one extra infantry/hero.

Edit: The same goes for dismantling mine field purposes and such. A grid with 2 infantrymen or a bike coverieng the team 'while they work' looks neat to me and sounds balanced enough.
    Last edited by Javi Metal; 04-20-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daddymaykadarobots View Post
    Came across this design I did for such a unit yesterday, think I did this just after the kickstarter finished, and not sure if I posted it or not, but I do like the idea of subtly altering the map with such a unit if you can keep them alive.
    Need to work on my Rivet Wars 'style' a bit but I remember being quite chuffed with the pick : )
    Did you ever build this?

Love this design! I am going to build one of these for each side. But no more than two each built so they are not over bought.
    Sky