Black Plague - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Plague

Sicks...not sure...but suspect if you get in for the min price, you can upgrade later when the Pledge manager comes out in a month or so. But you really need to check with someone with more experiance in this then me.
    You are only as old as you feel....the next day

Thanks, I sent a message on is hopefully someone will get back to me, haven't done a is before so its all new to me

The £96/$150 pledge money would be taken straight away, then much later when the pledge manager is released we get to add on to it for any optional extras we may want, but don't need to give over that much initially. We in the UK will have to pay about £20 for the postage, but that's at the later stage.

Cmon and Guillotine Games are old hands at this now. There's an occasional bump in the road but they handle it.

A snippet of one the zombicide mails:-

Well, the campaign is over, so what are the next steps?

1. A Kickstarter survey will go out in the coming weeks, which is hosted by Kickstarter itself. We'll ask you most importantly for your email address that you read (we won't spam you) - if you give us an email you don't check you will miss important updates - including when and how much to pay for shipping, tracking info and lots of important project communications.

2. We'll use the info you give us to populate an account on our pledge manager, and when that's complete we'll send you a link at the email address you gave us through Kickstarter. On the pledge manager, you will be able to specify which items you want, pay for additional items and also for shipping.

In case you have any trouble processing your payment at the end of the campaign, please visit the Kickstarter's FAQ Page.
    There was info down the bottom of the KS's campaign page too (lots of scrolling) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ue/description

A whole lot of scrolling...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmypops View Post
    The £96/$150 pledge money would be taken straight away, then much later when the pledge manager is released we get to add on to it for any optional extras we may want, but don't need to give over that much initially. We in the UK will have to pay about £20 for the postage, but that's at the later stage.

Cmon and Guillotine Games are old hands at this now. There's an occasional bump in the road but they handle it.

A snippet of one the zombicide mails:-

There was info down the bottom of the KS's campaign page too (lots of scrolling) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ue/description
    Isn't it possible to just pledge $1 to get access to the pledge manager?

Edit: yes you can...it's answered in the FAQ on the KS page

So I can pledge £1 now and update to knight level later? Will have to do that then, thanks for the help, like I said I'm new to KS

Edit: seems like only the late pledge is available to add to cartnow,oh well will have to hope its still available next month
    Last edited by Sicks; 07-08-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Got a message back saying the late pledge will be available for 30 days from the end of the kickstarter, think that's 26 more days so I should be able to get in on it

Go for it...I got in like 3 days into the KS...It is well worth it.

i intend to i was considering picking up an older season but the KS deal is just too good to pass up, might get another season later on once my wallet recovers a bit

Season 1 is a good all around start, you get everything you need and most of the missions on line and in the book use it's tiles.
    Toxic Mall adds Toxic Zombies teaching you to learn to set up zones of fire and not just rush in hacking at stuff. Good tool to learn planning.
    Prision add Berzerkers doing the oppisite of Toxic mall. Teaches you to wade in to Melee for teams used to stand back and shoot. Also gives you more Grey Zombies to build your horde and avoid Extra activations due to lack of zombies.
    Season 3 ramps things up a bit making the game more military. The survivors seem to be more powerful then the earlier seasons and helicopter tactics get worked in. More military grade weapons also make a appearance. It is also stand alone as with Skinners you have no need of standard Grey zombies.
    Angry Neighbors follows the Season 3 trend and adds more goodies and followers to the game. The Seekers seem to be a wildcard that can get out of hand if not properly trimmed.

Have not used crows yet, but Zombie dogs really force you to plan ahead a turn as they can be on you quickly and are deadly inside buildings where they have 3 moves and you can only see 1 room away to shoot. Tried Ultamate Survivor cards but mixed with season 3 promos they seem to break the system quickly.

An example last game was Benny from season 3. Blue ability was +1 die ranged..simple enough give him the starting pistol. At Yellow he got another activation and I picked the +1 die with pistol card from the experiance deck. At this point he had acquired a second pistol giving him 6 attacks that hit on 4. Orange got him ANOTHER +1 die ranged and I picked the +1 to die roll with pistol card. Now here is getting 8 attacks that hit on 3 for 1 damage. Red level grabbed yet another +1 Die with ranged and the card was +1 to damage with pistols. At red level he gets 10 shots with the 2 pistols, hits on 3 and does 2 damage. a Hollow point card brought it up to 3 damage per shot with pistols. Next card was +1 to range and then start with a pistol...and it got worse from there. Next game he will start with a pistol, get 3 shots hitting on 3's and doing 2 damage out to a range of 2 at blue level. Oh yeah..another card give him one extra ranged attack with pistol also. Needless to say I went triple red first game with him and next game he will be a beast as he will start with a pistol and I know the party will give him the group starter one also. The only thing that kept him in check was a mix of Berzerkers in the deck that kept screening his shots. In other words planning to cap the number of cards you can get or have so it does not break the game.

Yeah I've been reading through the rules on the website, I was thinking of season 2 because I like the survivors plus I hope to get my family into it so I thought zombivors would help keep them in the game longer in case any of us die

Season 1 and 2 are a good mix. You get lots of extra grey zombies and the Prison ones with plenty of extra boards and equipment. Season 2 can be rough at higher levels as you run out of zombies quickly and get chomped in the extra activations.

yeah i will probably expand into S1 and toxic city mall if the family likes it enough, its easier to justify the cost of all the games and expansions if everyone likes it, but it may take me a while to paint all those zombies lol, the dilemma i had was black plague was much more to my liking from a painting point of view but i think the modern setting would appeal more to the family, especially if i can sneak in some custom characters based on things they like lol, my partner became vaguely interested when she saw the monty python and labyrinth characters, could possibly make an assassins creed style character to get my step son interested in black plague, but he tends to enjoy shooters on the xbox so would probably like one of the older games more, as for my step daughter, err at the moment a taylor swift based character is all i can think of, but tbh i think the only way to get her interested is if everyone else was playing it

My lady and I play a game every weekend. Lasts nights game went late but she has fun...If I can just get her to slow down on the killing stuff. Last night it was even her idea to play not mine...this is a good thing.

yeah with 3 kids we tend to have to set aside "us" time in the evening when they're all in bed, usually we watch some TV or a movie but we are running out so hopefully i can get her interested enough so we can have a game in the evening :P it would certainly make a change from game of life that the kids normally want to play (a game which involves travelling across the board gathering jobs, children, houses and wealth, it is somewhat depressing as an adult lol) plus it gives me some nice minis to paint and allows me to insert references from films and games i like too plus the co op aspect means theres no one getting upset if they're losing.

and as a backup plan if none of them like it i'll play solo a bit and still get the nice stuff to paint

Life...yeh...we have a copy of that also...but they changed it quite a bit from the version I played as a kid back in the late 60's and early 70's. Compleatly differnt game now.

Painting is fun...but except for season 3 skinners and zombie dogs I have run out of stuff to paint (Well...ignoring the shipping pod of historicals in my closet anyway) Picked up a Walk of the Dead box tonight just to paint up and put on E-Bay to generate more BP money.

Yeah we've got the modern version, it takes ages to play with 4 people and highlights life being a race to retirement in my mind, I'm looking forward to BP though, had a look through the beta rules on the KS and I like the fantasy twist alot, I'll be looking for some other fantasy models to get while I try to be patient for it to arrive, already repainting a hasslefree dwarf lady that I could use but I think I need to strip it again, the first paint strip wasn't as clean as I thought before I put some more paint on her

How big are your kids? I've been able to play Zombicide quite successfully with our six year olds.

One of them even trashed me in Wrath of Kings on Saturday. Might be that I suck. :P

We have 12, 9 and 3 year olds, the youngest would be in bed though, I think it would be easy enough for them to grasp the rules, theyve both gone through Minecraft addictions and the zombicide rules don't seem too complex, its just getting them interested in the first place which I intend to do through characters based on things they like, they did like the holy grail when they saw it so that's a good starting point for black plague, the oldest will be easier to cater for because he likes more video games that I could use for inspiration, its a bit more difficult for our girl,she's quite girly and isn't into as many things that could be used for slaying zombies but she does enjoy it when we sit down to do stuff as a family so I'm relying on that until I can think of any characters

I've already got some ideas which could work, the borderlands series has 14 characters that could work for modern day zombicide, with some creative special rules, an elder scrolls or assassins creed character could work well for black plague, for my partner there's also alot of stuff from TV and movies I could do, I got her into the walking dead and there's already plenty of models that are close enough to those characters. This is one of the things in really liking about zombicide,there's already plenty of characters based on TV and films and such so its really got my creativity lit up thinking of possibilities