Black Plague
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Plague

Default Black Plague

Words out on TMP and GG Facebook page.

Seems the next installment of Zombicide hits Kickstarter in May. Black Plague appears to be a Swords and Sorcery take on Zombicide with a few twists. Can not wait to see the mins and hope they have a better male/female ratio on this one.
    You are only as old as you feel....the next day

Looks interesting indeed!

I am most curious about the KS exclusive minis, GoT? Vikings?

@ better male/female ratio - are you hoping for more or less males?

I would like to see it closer to 50/50.

Zombicide season 1 was 6 males to 2 females, mall was 2 female to 5 male, prison was 5 to 2 female on Berzerkers and 6 to 2 female on Normal types. Season 3 was 6 males and 2 females and crawlers were 3 male to 2 female. Then no female seekers I think. The total mix was 34 to 12 or close to 75% male 25% female.

But then who is counting....
    Last edited by Ken Redington; 04-08-2015 at 04:36 AM.

if there are more zombie men than women, doesn't that mean most women are clever enough to stay away from zombies...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Redington View Post
    I would like to see it closer to 50/50.

Zombicide season 1 was 6 males to 2 females, mall was 2 female to 5 male, prison was 5 to 2 female on Berzerkers and 6 to 2 female on Normal types. Season 3 was 6 males and 2 females and crawlers were 3 male to 2 female. Then no female seekers I think. The total mix was 34 to 12 or close to 75% male 25% female.

But then who is counting....
    Coincidentally also around the ratio of males to females that have played my copy of Zombicide...

Insta-buy for me. I played zombicide for the first time with my gaming group last week and loved it. I usually play with my elementary-aged kids, though, and the fantasy theme of Black Plague is right up their alley. I can't wait for next month, a big KS is always so exciting!

The male / female ratio is something I do not like in Zombicide. Ok, it is easy to explain why not so much women are on food & tool runs. In worst case few men are needed to repopulate the world, women are most important after the zombie plague is gone someday. No offence intended with the reason I gave!

Truth be told the mini mix is not that big a deal, other than I enjoy painting Female figs and it looks better with a more even mix.

Two ways to look at it is either Females have more tasty bits so get eaten before they rise, or men put up more of a fight and tend to be bit rather then killed and turn later.

Either way just a painters preference in models he would prefer to paint.

I like to see more good painted female minis. :-)

I would love to see the promo survivors for Black Plague. Maybe some Game of Thrones, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Braveheart, and Conan The Barbarian among other medieval movies and shows.

They better have a Peter Dinklage promo survivor at least!

Got my Dwarf so am happy. But I would like to see master sculpt pics though.

Is anyone else checking out Defenders of the Last Stand too? Both Z:BP and DotLS are on my KS insta-buy list for May, which should fill my zombie/mutant apocalypse quota for 2015...

I'm looking forward to this one too. I'm curious to see if there is more character development in this one.

From a mini-standpoint I'm hoping for at least two Fatty sculpts, having painted all my stuff, the mix of sculpts is always appreciated.

I really hope they will put early rules for this game online.

Quote Originally Posted by Teskal View Post
    I really hope they will put early rules for this game online.
    I hope those rules are new, too. I really don't want a re-skinned ZC, something new that sets it apart from seasons 1-3 would be nice. I know some folks want it to be compatible, but I'd like to see an entirely different game.

Looking at the cards posted, it looks like some equipment is threat level activated. I.E. you need to be orange or higher to use. Beginning to think armor is also very retro GW. YOu roll to hit, then make a armor save, then remove dead. Would like it to be compatible as a break in the chain would neuter any further advancement in the Zombicide line as it would be at least 2 years before anything new came out. That could kill it or at least seriously degrade interest.

I like the pics we've seen for the new dashboards. I'm wondering if there are plans to sell extras as an addon (probably) and if we'll see an official release for dashboards and cards for older Zombicides.

Quote Originally Posted by ohbalto View Post
    I like the pics we've seen for the new dashboards..
    Yes, I like the new dashboards too!

I like the new dashboard holders better than I like the new dashboards. That will make things so much easier

Going crazy over the news and pics of this game! I am also loving the new dash board.