New Scenario- Mortar Mayhem

Thread: New Scenario- Mortar Mayhem

Default New Scenario- Mortar Mayhem

Mortar Mayhem

Keep Down

On the Northern line, the allies have a strong artillery placement. This has helped keep back the Blight advances for months. However, spies have given Blight forces the locations of these entrenched artillery. The blight are desperate to put the heat on the Allied forces. Without those artillery, the fight will become more even.

Summary: The allies start with two Hammer 65 Pounders in Bunkers in their territories. These special units are protected by bunkers, and have +1 range. Other infantry units can enter and exit the bunker with them. The allies are going to attempt to resupply their lines.

The blight must focus on clearing the map of Hammer 65 Pounders. Note the spawns of the two riflemen and the Panzerfaust.

Requirements: Rivet Wars: Eastern Front

Special Rules: The two special Hammer 65 Pounders that start off in bunkers have a plus 1 range plus are protected by bunkers. Other infantry can enter and exit the bunkers with them. If these Artillery units are moved out of the bunker they will lose all bonuses and will NOT be able to re-enter the bunkers.

Resources: Allies: 4 DPs and 1 Rivet; Blight: 5 DPs and 1 Rivet

Victory Conditions: Blight gain +1 VP for every Hammer 65 Pounder defeated. Blight gain +2 VP for every round that ends without a Hammer 65 Pounder on the board.

Allies gain +1 VP per round when there are Hammer 65 Pounders deployed. Allies gain +3 VPs for every round a Hammer 65 Pounder is in No Man’s Land.
    Play for 7 VPs. 10 VPs for slightly longer games.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

Like the look of this; a nice asymmetric mission.

not sure about the +3 for Allies: just to clarify its +3 regardless of how many Hammer Pounds make it into No-Man's-Land (So not +3 per Hammer Pounder). It's likely easy for Allies to score +3 on the first round moving them out of the their bunkers, while Blight aren't close enough - that's a nice way to give Allies a head start that's hard to maintain.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Quote Originally Posted by Decar View Post
    Like the look of this; a nice asymmetric mission.

not sure about the +3 for Allies: just to clarify its +3 regardless of how many Hammer Pounds make it into No-Man's-Land (So not +3 per Hammer Pounder). It's likely easy for Allies to score +3 on the first round moving them out of the their bunkers, while Blight aren't close enough - that's a nice way to give Allies a head start that's hard to maintain.
    ... Uhm... wow. Looks like I should get a group to play with. I would've caught that sooner....

Lol, an easy fiz might be to move thw allied front line forwars another square; maybe two.
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Quote Originally Posted by Decar View Post
    Lol, an easy fiz might be to move thw allied front line forwars another square; maybe two.
    Ok, so I know it needs to be fixed but I remember why I did it. It is because only those ones that start in the bunker have the increased range and are OP. Once they leave those bunkers, you lose those bonuses. So, I guess you could sacrifice the advantage in order to gain quick points but they are also sitting ducks. I also wanted there to be insentivee for the allies to bring their Hammer Pounders forward so it would be easier for the blight to take them out. Maybe this is still unbalanced. I will have to play a solo game to test it.