Storage solution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage solution

Default Storage solution

Has anyone come up with a good way to get everything (or as much as possible) into the box? I'm most confused about the folding player boards. I have absolutely no idea what to do with those?

If everything doesn't fit into the box, what are you doing instead?

I dumped the insert and am using a few card boxes instead. Most of the cards come out for every game anyway, and I wanted all the KS components in the one box.

Card boxes allow everything, including the 5-6 player expansion, to fit in the core box nicely. Obviously, remove the existing tray.

Anyone have a picture or detailed description of what goes where?
    Thanks!
    L

Quote Originally Posted by lfrank22001 View Post
    Anyone have a picture or detailed description of what goes where?
    Thanks!
    L
    Seconded. Because once I sleeved all my cards, I couldn't even fit them all in. My insert is completely full with some cards squished in and I still have all the resource (Xenosatham) cards left out of the box.
    EGO sum in vestri substructio caedes vestri populus!

I didn't find the plastic insert too usefull and made my own with foam core. I manage to get everything in my insert that came with the kickstarter, including the 5&6 player expansion and the two extra divisions. I've also build a little token box, it fits snuggly on the lanes next rolled up playmat and can be put on the table.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Rabak; 04-21-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabak View Post
    <Super Impressive Foam Insert Pics>
    Woah! I must admit, those images blew me away. Your game is much more neatly organized than mine. However, I've found that after sleeving, the cards can weigh quite a bit, and it makes the weight distribution of the box quite lopsided. To fix this, I simply organized cards into different deckboxes, and placed them on both sides of the box equally, with the playmat, lanes, and life counter in the middle. What do others think? Does anyone else have some efficient ways of storing everything? Personally I'm waiting for a storage case by CMON along the same vein as those produced for Zombicide

What I did was took a knife to the plastic vacuum insert, trimming off the two little "cups" on the bottom and then about 1-1/4" inches all the way around the bottom edge of the insert so that the underside of the card storage slots contacts the bottom of the box. This frees up enough space on top of the insert to store at least 4 folding KS lanes and the neoprene KS playmat. I have all of the core game cards sleeved in the insert, but have not yet attempted to integrate the KS foil and non-foil bonus cards, the grafting lab expansion, and the psychogenics lab expansion into the base box.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomGunfire View Post
    What I did was took a knife to the plastic vacuum insert, trimming off the two little "cups" on the bottom and then about 1-1/4" inches all the way around the bottom edge of the insert so that the underside of the card storage slots contacts the bottom of the box. This frees up enough space on top of the insert to store at least 4 folding KS lanes and the neoprene KS playmat. I have all of the core game cards sleeved in the insert, but have not yet attempted to integrate the KS foil and non-foil bonus cards, the grafting lab expansion, and the psychogenics lab expansion into the base box.
    I did precisely this, as well. If I double up my items, putting two of them in each card slot, I have just exactly enough room to fit all of the cards in the Kickstarter (including both expansions and the 5-6 player expansion), all six Kickstarter lanes, and the Kickstarter mat in the box, and have the box close completely.

User TradenMyr on BGG has a thread about using card storage boxes (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/19062292). I did the exact same thing he did and it works like a charm, even with the cards sleeved. 2 550-card boxes with notecard dividers fit everything with space below for the boards and you can roll up the mat and slide it between the two boxes.

Looks a lot neater than my solution. I think I may go down this route.

I was slightly annoyed that the nice kickstarter player boards weren't taken into account when making the insert, but I just use white card boxes and everything works out fine. I do like the custom foam solution.

Hi, sorry, I'm new to the forum, but when i bought Zombicide I thought that the main issue with the game was the lack of a box organizer. Here with Xenoshyft I saw that the plastic organizer had different sizes and i tried hard to find how to fit my cards in those holes. I found out that with the sleeves, every item has its hole on one side, the deck with items placeholders fits the same side. On the other side all enemies fit in their place along with all units and sections. The only deck that doesn't fit easily is the Militia one, which seems too pressed. I'm in the office, so i can't provide a picture, but i'll post it as soon as possible.

Glad to see that it is not just me having The problem to fit The 5-6 player add on

Don't even get me started on Zombicide...having backed all three Kickstarter campaigns, I'm overflowing with stuff. I currently use one of the main boxes (Prison Outbreak I think) just for map tiles, 3 Stanley cases for zombie minis and tokens, and another 2 cases for all of the character minis. Really struggling trying to pare that one down.

All these ideas I need to steal haha

This setup looks amazing. I do agree with Muni though, that it would be ideal to find a way to more evenly distribute the weight of the box...if that is something that bothers you.

I really like the ideas. Now I just have to inspire myself to put all the work into making my own.

I also found that the box 'as is' doesn't really work for storing the cards effectively. The enemy and player areas go across the top in the little depression in the middle of the box just fine, and the unit board and item boards fit on top of that just fine, but the cards don't stack well enough (unsleeved, I don't have any sleeves) to fit in the deeper depressions on either side of the centerpiece. So I put a bunch in the depression and just laid the other cards down flat in stacks on either side, using the upright cards in the depression as a barrier. I like the idea of taking out the entire plastic array that came with the box and replacing it.

This took me acouple hours using foam core

http://imgur.com/a/dcfkn