Thread: My new acrylic laser cut radio towers

Default My new acrylic laser cut radio towers

While not as cool as some of the efforts I've seen in this forum, I'm excited to get these. I designed these towers and had them cut by Ponoko.com in smoke grey acrylic. I'll post some more pictures when I have them on the board in a real game!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, those look great. Great job, and welcome to the forums!
    ~Lieutenant Nathaniel Flint of the Landship Scorpios

So sorry, I thought I replied to this when I first saw it.

These look really neat; they look very industrial. Great seeing a few Riflemen hiding in between the struts.

Welcome to the forums too; looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

[Shameless plug time: The first mission of the Telberg Campaign needs a Radio Mast would be great to see them in action ]
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

Nice looking towers!

I designed a bunch of laser cut buildings but find ponoko.com too expensive. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru_Artist View Post
    Nice looking towers!

I designed a bunch of laser cut buildings but find ponoko.com too expensive. :-/
    Yeah, me too. I made a sweet warehouse looking building and then the same building destroyed. I've never had them cut because the cost was just too steep. Has anybody found a less expensive option available in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by windrant View Post
    Yeah, me too. I made a sweet warehouse looking building and then the same building destroyed. I've never had them cut because the cost was just too steep. Has anybody found a less expensive option available in the US?
    OK. I broke down and had them cut in wood. Here's what they look like. I'm pretty proud of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-05 19.23.04.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	869.0 KB 
ID:	48759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-05-05 19.22.49.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	876.6 KB 
ID:	48760

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing
    Rivet Wars Scenario Editor - http://www.tehill.net/RivetWars

I love this accessory. If you decide to take this any further, I'd love to see a level added to the top. perhaps to allow you to place turrets or even infantry. This would/could emulate soldiers climbing up into a radiotower or setting up better air defense, to allow units without the air attack to still attack. You'd just have to come up with some decent mechanics to allow for the construction of the tower. Perhaps you could do this like they do in Zombicide with barricades. You could take a unit, or even use one of the special units like Rosie the Riveter, and designate them as a "builder" unit. Then have them pay X points per turn to construct a specific part of the tower. This would help to balance out the time and cost of this unique element. Also, you'd have to have a specific mechanic to allow it to be damaged and taken out. Probably allowing a large tank would do the trick. Of course for this, you'd want to have a proper base on it, to keep track of health. The big thing would be to make sure it's balanced between the construction cost, the attack benefits, and the destruction method. But it's a REALLY cool idea. and what you have is extremely interesting and cool