Cutting miniatures

Thread: Cutting miniatures

Default Cutting miniatures

Hello. I have a question. What tool you use to cut your mini (me made from wire, fimo and green stuff) to little parts? Of course with the less damage? Thanks for help.

this depends on several factors,.. What sort of material is it made from? how small/large is the piece being cut? Are there any weird angles? is anything else "in the way" that shouldn't be cut? If it's plastic/fimo/green stuff then a hobby saw/coping saw/or even a rasp/file if the piece is thin enough. I'd just say to maybe try to steer clear of any "high speed" tools like dremels, as they can chip/burn the plastics. On metals however, a dremel with a thin cutting wheel can be your best friend ever. A thin bladed coping saw can be useful for weird angles or tight spaces.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Default re

Here is the mini what need some cutting. I want use silicone to take the negative, so need many pieces. The wings are in 80%..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

for that, I'd use a thin bladed coping saw. Make the cuts at the shoulder joints where the arms/legs meet the body, and then the head. You could probably do this in just those 5 basic pieces,.. 6 if you want to split the head into upper and lower jaw sections.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

Thank for the info. I will buy one.