Frostbite and defense

Thread: Frostbite and defense

Question Frostbite and defense

Frostbite: "+2 dice againts Heroes with any unexhausted cards"

So when I am attacking, it works of course. Is it always working against heroes? Because some of the heroes can exhaust the hero card. If they can't the card is always unexhausted. Is the ability always working against heroes whose character card is never exhausted?

But when I am defending against an enemy hero with unexhausted cards... Do I get +2 defense dice. I am defending against a Hero, and he has unexhausted cards, so yes.

Right?

I understand the confusion. I think it is intended to apply towards unexhausted equipment cards.

I don't have the card in front of me, but for whether it works on defense, does it have the words "2 dice" or the white attack dice symbol?

It has text "+2 dice againts Heroes with any unexhausted cards". Says nothing about attacking.

For example Lord Fang (Villain) has an ability which says: "When attacking, each [Crit] heals 2 wounds".

But Frostbite does to say: "When attacking,
    2 dice againts Heroes with any unexhausted cards".

So is +2 dice when defending against heroes with unexhausted cards?

Frostbite's ability applies to itself. Since it's an attack card, the +2 dice bonus applies only to attacks made with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loophole Master View Post
    Frostbite's ability applies to itself. Since it's an attack card, the +2 dice bonus applies only to attacks made with it.
    Ok. Of course. Logical.

The card has 3 functions. It is an attack card.
    1. +1 reroll. Works while defending.
    2. +1 defense die. Works while defending.
    3. +2 dice against heroes with unexhausted cards. Works while defending. Wait, what? Oh, yes. Of course not!

The core rules explain that Extra Reroll, Extra Defense, and Extra Life icons on any card are always active, regardless of whether the card is being activated at the moment, or even if it's exhausted. Other written effects on an attack card only apply to when it's being used (unless otherwise stated).