How do i paint the illusion of condensation?

Thread: How do i paint the illusion of condensation?

Default How do i paint the illusion of condensation?

Question i am in the midst of painting a Dark Eldar Talos Pain engine.
    Since i am going with the Ichor Injector as it´s main weapon i think it would be cool if the giant needle at the bottom was covered in condensation.
    Now when i look at pictures of condensation online all it really is, is a lot of small bobbles.
    But just like you don´t paint a chainmail by drawing all the rings, i doubt that i would create a realistic illusion of condensation by painting all kinds of small water droplets.

So anyone have any ideas on how to paint the effect of condensation on the glass convincingly??

I'd probably just fake it with a white/very light blueish glaze or two.
    Or the colors applied with a sponge(for example any blister foam) to get a randomised effect. The method would be similar to chipping made with sponge + dark colors.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Hmm i think you might be on to something using a sponge at the edges paint a few droplets and 2 or 3 running ones.
    I don´t have any Blister foam but i think a cleaning sponge might more or less be the same density.

Have you thought about using a clear resin,.. like woodland scenic's "water effects"?? just mixup a bit of the gel, then maybe grab a toothbrush, dip it in the gel and then flick the bristles to let a bunch of little water droplets land wherever you want them. (may require some masking of certain parts, and a test run on a piece of cardboard or other figure is always advised)
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

I would most likey go with a clear resin that comes in two parts and mix up a small bit of it and use a toothpick to apply one drop at a time or use valleo water texture and apply the same way.

Just use a gloss varnish, let it slightly dry on the pallette then use a small brush to get a little lump on the end and apply to where you want , do it several times to build up the bubble.