Sicks' humble WIP thread - Page 45
Page 45 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Sicks' humble WIP thread

Hey Sicks,

This is coming along great. I like the blood in the water and the idea of a dead guy as well. My only criticism would be the size of the goblin you are using. He's really small compared to the other two (at least the pictures make it seem that way) and stands out more because it would seem that someone that small has no reason or right to be in the middle of what should be a decent battle. I would either add a couple more goblins around the base as if there were a few in a group to challenge, or a pile of goblins, (though that may be more difficult as it looks like you've finished that great looking water, or lastly, use a larger dead guy. Perhaps a human knight or elf?

Far be in from me to get involved with your vision and idea, but thought I'd add my two cents.

Fantastic work so far.

Thanks for the input captain, I do agree the goblin looks a bit small, sadly I don't have a big selection of fantasy minis to use and im trying to avoid buying anything else, i might be able to scatter some more goblins around though, i will maybe have to rethink it a bit, i have some of the old savage orcs too but if you lie them down it really shows the undetailed parts like 10mm thick loincloths

Hey Sicks,

Im in the same boat. I don't have a large enough stockpile of mini's to just use as dead soldiers. Alternatively, do you have a war boar or a horse? An animal could serve the same purpose. Discarded after a Chaos sacrifice?

I like this..... ALOT!!!

@captainsadly not, this is the downside of painting without playing, I have a random assortment of minis but not much that would fit the scene, I have some sigmarite I could strip but they might be too big and might take more work to get into a natural looking dead pose.

@bam cheers mate, nt long to g to the finish now, few more base details and that slaughterpriest to go, I know I'm ready for my next project now but I want this finished first

Awww yeah man. Good stuff.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Thanks digga, ive been on a bit of a downer lately and had family visiting so progress has been slow but here's how it stands now, added an orc head instead of the goblin body in the river and also added some whiteness to the water peaks as a sense of motion
    Name:  IMG_20161026_183323.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  1,012.8 KB

Also to cheer myself up i bought myself a lovely boob lady to paint, mostly just base coated and sketched highs and lows on the skin but I did start the blending process today too.
    Name:  PHOTO_20161026_154816.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  224.6 KB
    Name:  PHOTO_20161026_154826.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  231.3 KB

Quick boob lady update after some more blending, i think the shade is looking too purple in the skin so I might go over it with a thin green glaze
    Name:  PHOTO_20161027_000209.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  235.2 KB
    Name:  PHOTO_20161027_000217.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  228.8 KB

Nice start. And that orc diorama is still AWESOME!

Progress on the diorama is all looking good. It's those little details like the whitecaps and the blood that make it look so incredible!

Cheers guys, sadly the diorama is on hold, purely because I'm not enjoying the slaughterpriest very much, hopefully after doing something different for a while I'll find motivation to finish him

Loving the dio Hywel. Upload the progress on the lady already

I had hoped to get more done before I posted her but its been one of those days where I haven't had chance to sit down and paint so here she is
    Name:  PHOTO_20161027_224250.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  223.0 KB
    Name:  PHOTO_20161027_000217.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  228.8 KB
    After free handing the butt definition I was convinced by certain people who shall remain nameless to give muscle definition a go, I'm quite pleased with it so far but I wanted it to be more subtle than this so I'm still working on dulling the lines down a bit so it looks less like a 6 pack and more like well toned (think athletic instead of body builder)

Hey Sicks,

Looks good so far. Perhaps tone down the really dark shadows at the bottom of the lowest ab as well. It projects that the bottom abs stick out much farther than i'm sure it does.

Great work!

Thumbs up Creamy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain927 View Post
    Hey Sicks,

Looks good so far. Perhaps tone down the really dark shadows at the bottom of the lowest ab as well. It projects that the bottom abs stick out much farther than i'm sure it does.

Great work!
    I can see your point, but I think it still looks amazingly lifelike. Plus, it'd be a shame to reduce such a nice, creamy smooth transition. This is some seriously creamy boobage.

Cheers guys, sometimes creamy boobage is exactly what you need to brighten your day hehe, I do have some more progress shots, I've softened that underbelly shadow a bit and started work on the trousers and boots, the skin is pretty much done but there's some touch ups to do, I need to get the little edge on the boob strap and waist band done which will likely lead to me having to fix skin in those areas too.

Name:  IMG_20161030_191537.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  502.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20161030_191435.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  559.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_20161030_191444.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  576.0 KB

This seems bit of a larger model, you should really try pastels or the skin shading. Easy to work with, fabulous results.
    It's only a flesh wound!!!

She's meant to be 54mm but I've measured her and she's already at the 54mm mark without the shoulders and head, sadly I don't have any pastels but its something I could try in the future, maybe when I finally break and get a gk

Ive redone the highlights on the trousers, trying to get a shiny leather look but I don't think its working (or at least not as well as I'd like) I've seen countless reference images but it just doesn't seem to be clicking with me when I find time to get some paint down
    Name:  IMG_20161103_174922.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  559.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20161103_174927.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  576.7 KB

Hey Sicks,

Noobie on the scene. I think the pants are shaping up pretty good. Maybe not the full effect you're looking for but it seems like you're just a few brush strokes away from achieving it.

I had a noob question for you. In an earlier shot of this figure, you had sketched/blocked out the highlights and shades on the skin and then blended them later. What kind of technique are you using to do that and do you normally do this with your figures?

Thanks!