Sicks' humble WIP thread - Page 35
Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Sicks' humble WIP thread

Yeah the image had was from the old Jason and the Argonauts film which I loved when I was younger, maybe I should take a look at some historical options, not sure if there would be anything suitable but it might be more likely than fantasy type minis

Yeah, I imagine there should be some Greek or Trojan historical models to choose from. I like your start on Medusa. Nice color choices and excellent smooth job on the skin.

Don't get too distracted from steampunk lady though, the clock is ticking!

Dont you worry, steam punk girl is under way, I'll get a pic up after the next session she's mainly just base coated but I've done the eyes and hair too, need to make a trip to the cheap shops to find an old fashioned alarm clock that I can dismantle for some steam punk style cogs and gubbins, I'm kind of going back and forth between medusa and steam punk girl because they share alot of colours and I'm terrible at judging how much paint I will need + hate wasting any if I can help it

Medusa is off to a great start and keep captain procrastination at bay...new and his sidekicks are camped out in my hobby area most of the time.

Like where the Medusa is going, if you want you can have her enemy turned into a statue in the duel

The gorgon is showing many signs of possibly being the top spot holder among your best minis imho ...keep her up !!!!

Thanks guys, my gallery is in need of some updates o better crack on and finish some stuff lol, I've not been able to squeeze in much painting time so here's the steam punk lady as she is now, base coats sketched on and a few highlight colours to get a feel for the colour scheme, I'm hoping to squeeze in some painting time later on but no guarantees (annoying that I've started to get back into the flow but don't have much spare time at the moment)
    Name:  IMG_20160705_144938.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  541.1 KB

Its funny I always had a phobia of snakes, but madusa has always fascinated me.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

For me spiders, never been too bothered by snakes but then they aren't very common in Britain, progress is plodding along at snails pace but I did manage to sneak an hour's worth in today, although 30 mins of that was pretty much getting back into painting shape so not a whole lot of progress happened but I feel more comfortable with painting again, it's astonishing how quickly the muscle memory fades after even just a week with no painting, or maybe I just haven't been doing it long enough yet

I really like the hunter green used in this model. Looking very promising.

​I'm liking that minotaur, dude.

Wow - I just had a fabulous time catching up on your WIP. You are a busy young man!

Minotaur: I really like the combination of eyes and pustules on him. It's a good balance of elements and they bring in some nice spots of colour to the overall scheme.

Steampunk girl: I love steampunk so I am very keen to see where you're going with this one! And the extra layer of skirt is a fabulously well executed solution to the recast blobs of plastic.

Medusa: Very nice work on the green undertone for her skin.

Great work my friend. I'll endeavour to be more present in the forums so that I can give you more specific comments and see what you're up to.
    Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~ Edgar Degas

ArchArad's WIP
    ArchArad's CMON Gallery

Great work thus far!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintToad View Post
    ​I'm liking that minotaur, dude.
    Thanks mate, hes been set aside for a while so I an work on some other stuff, I did try some of the purple ink from the scale75 set and it's very rich, I'm surprised it doesn't play the smoke on the water riff when you open it but I think I can make it work with a little practice (and thinning)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchArad View Post
    Wow - I just had a fabulous time catching up on your WIP. You are a busy young man!

Minotaur: I really like the combination of eyes and pustules on him. It's a good balance of elements and they bring in some nice spots of colour to the overall scheme.

Steampunk girl: I love steampunk so I am very keen to see where you're going with this one! And the extra layer of skirt is a fabulously well executed solution to the recast blobs of plastic.

Medusa: Very nice work on the green undertone for her skin.

Great work my friend. I'll endeavour to be more present in the forums so that I can give you more specific comments and see what you're up to.
    Thanks arch, it's been a while since anyone called me young lol, unfortunately while I have been busy it has all been half finished projects but I hope to rectify that soon
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodASmedium View Post
    Great work thus far!!!
    Cheers bam the man

Lately I haven't done any painting, turns out the 2016 fate has decided it's my turn to have a bit of a crappy run of things which sapped my enthusiasm completely but I'm starting to dig myself out of it now and hope to get brush in hand again as soon as I've got some spare time, I've also been pretty absent from the forums but I've been trying to pop in for a look more often, seeing what everyone's up to us helping get the creative juices flowing again so hopefully I'll have something to show updates on within the next week, best crack on with that steam punk girl, times ticking on

Yeah hang tight dude. The nice thing about here is you can pop in and out whenever you need (I do this a lot) everyone always understands and there's always a warm welcome back

Hang in there, Sicks.

Forgot, that it works again.

Thanks guys my extended family, I'm alright, coming out the other side and I've got some new stuff on the way which I'm pretty excited for, got a deadpool on the way for the heroes/villains, I decided to downsize since we're already 2 weeks in and I've got hardly anything done and the space wolf lord from but I'm going to be a good boy and focus on deadpool, since hes just a 35mm mini I should be able to get him done fairly quickly and have more room to play with basing, they should get here by the weekend