Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1753

Thread: Sicks' humble WIP thread

@coyote and anyone else considering broken toad brushes, they appear to be smaller than w+n sizes, mine arrived just now, can't wait to try them but here's a pic to show the BT size 0 is about the same as a w+n 00, the 3/0 is tiny but should be good for details, I would have got a 0 and a 1 though if I'd known they would be smaller to other companies
    Name:  IMG_20180502_120352.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  629.7 KB

Looks like a n1 W&N without belly. ^^' It seems quite sharp though!
    I pledged an early bird for the Artis Opus kickstarter, so I will patiently wait for them to arrive in July. I do not own any 000 or 00 and my WN 1 and 0 are starting to look a bit wearied so I thought it was the perfect time to try them out. Too many good painters are aproving them... although that could be good marketing and nothing else.
    Last edited by Maenas; 05-02-2018 at 07:36 AM.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

Oh yeah lovely and sharp and I had a quick dry test on my hand and it seems to keep its shape well. I like the brushes with no big belly for precise glazing on details but I think I should start using a bigger one for general glazing, I used the 00 for nearly everything which is probably why it died so soon (you can also see the ferrule end has dried paint in, I've washed it with brush soap repeatedly but as soon as I use it again it seems to get more)

Quote Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
    /...I think I should start using a bigger one for general glazing, I used the 00 for nearly everything which is probably why it died so soon /...
    Sounds like a reasonable plan, that poor 00 must be exhausted specially if you also used it for your busts or bigger minis....

Additionally I found this on the gallery which strongly reminds me of someone's work... xD I like the colour of the eyes and hair on her... the fact is, that despite having quite similar colour schemes both versions gave completely different vibes, and that is one of the amazing things that this hobby can create.
    WIP thread. / Cmon Gallery / Instagram

I have a size 1 and 2 I use for busts but when it comes to find tuning the blends it was back to the 00 to have a limited amount of paint on the brush

I like that version of Zayna, quite striking and great idea for the plinth too, only complaint which has nothing to do with the painting skill is that she's painted like almost every other version of her (how she appears on the art card)

What's up dude? Did your new brushes eat you? Anyway missing your awesomeness, get back to us when you get a chance.

Thanks mate, honestly I just got my head so into the next project that I decided to wait for it to arrive. It seems like it's been delayed though, I was expecting it about a week ago. I'm looking forward to getting back into it but I don't want to distract myself with any other projects until the next bust comes

Get that bust ready for the acrylic assault!!!

Hey Sicks, how you been! Can't wait to see your next project.

@bam I will mate, just as soon as it arrives, was predicted to be posted at the end of may/begining of June so I'm hoping it'll be here any day

@saint good mate, been absent from the forums for a few weeks, just waiting on this one model to arrive, I thinking should stop starting multiple projects and just focus on one thing at a time haha

I hear ya. I've got plenty of (mostly terrain) projects glowering down at me from the shelf every time I paint!

She finathelly arrived! I've had to order a plinth because I can't be bothered to try and scratch build something but in the mean time been doing the cleanup and started on making a sheathe for her sword out of a coffee stirer liberated from a pub, this reminds me, I broke my tablet a few weeks ago and got a new one but I haven't messed with the settings yet so apologies if the photos are a bit crap for a while, I'll sort it out when there's some paint work on there to show off

Name:  20180710_140258.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  1.85 MB

Welcome back sicks bet your stoked she’s finally here... looking good so far mate, just want to say that I have had a couple of samurai swords and they have always had oval shaped sheaths... just something to think about!!!

Cheers mate, it turned out once I trimmed off the excess and held it to the handle it was too skinny, looks like a wooden blade so I'll probably use it as a base and green stuff over it to bulk it out a bit
    Name:  20180710_155416.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  1.85 MB

Yeah cool cool, looking forward to seeing how you go with it!!!

cool glad your getting back on the horse.

How are you getting on with the broken toad brushes. It took me a little bit to get used to them. still a bit of a way to go yet, but I love how flexible they are. just find its hard to control how much paint is in them when trying to glaze. often have too much or too little.
    My WIP thread - where the painting and rambling happens http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...ing-lark-again

I haven't used them very much yet, they do seem a bit softer than I'm used to with w+n, I'm hoping to get some paint down today so I'll have a better chance to put them to the test, my main thing is I want brushes that last a long time so I'll adapt if they're worth it

Wb sicks, we missed ya here.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

I'm liking the reds on your Khorne. It seems almost luminous.

Thanks Digga and bullfrog, the reds are just the scale 75 ones, I think the ultra matte finish helps them bounce back !ore colour instead of a shine, I love them

Work slowly continues on the sword, had a few false starts on some freehand (Japanese writing is really hard to freehand, who knew?) So I've gone for something simpler, it's still a bit rough but shows the idea (and proof that I'm still painting )
    Name:  20180713_140944.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  624.2 KB