Where are everyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    As far as the general standings go, I am willing to bet that there are 10 times as many members with "You are Ranked 9447 out of 9447 artists" than those that actually have a rating.
    truth to be told: atm everyone is 9447/9447 as the ranking seems to be turned off.
    Forgot, that it works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    truth to be told: atm everyone is 9447/9447 as the ranking seems to be turned off.
    Not I.
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Not I.
    you can try to deceive us, but you won't be successful :P ( )

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXxxx View Post
    Well that's kinda a bummer.

By the way MaXXxxx, you are number 475 in case you didn't know.

I agree with the concept that to be in the Top 50 list of artists you need to have 50 votes each on at least 5 pieces. Curious how the multiple views of the same piece factors into this though. Doesn't seem right when you look at the current 7 days and the first 3 pictures are the same mini. It is definitely an amazing piece, but all the other artists have to now paint three of that caliber to rate the same. (unless of course they simply post 5 pictures of the same mini) Someone with the talent to make the Top 50 has no problem getting 50+ votes on 5 submissions....

And I recall that early on several of my images were rejected as they were just different views, focal points of one image.
    Maybe the "image approvers" need to get a re-brief? Or did the rules change?

By the way MaXXxxx, you are number 475 in case you didn't know.
    and I still wonder how that happened. last I checked I was around 600 and in the mean time I have submitted only the monochrome harlequin, that's 14th or so in my list (so it shouldn't affect rank in any way).

what I'm proud of is this: You have voted on 209202 out of 217865 minis!.

Well done to you MaXXxxx for getting the votes out. Nice to see someone else actually voting,although I'm far of your total. Takes some doing to have voted on nearly everything posted on here.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Quote Originally Posted by nels0nmac View Post
    Well done to you MaXXxxx for getting the votes out. Nice to see someone else actually voting,although I'm far of your total. Takes some doing to have voted on nearly everything posted on here.
    You can say that again.This is actually quite amazing to me. If you spent an average of just 5 seconds looking at a submission, it would take Maxxx 12 days of straight voting to reach that number, or 290 hours. But in 5 seconds one can hardly judge a submission, so at 10 seconds Maxxx spent 24 straight days of his life voting on CMoN submissions. This.is.so.incredible!!!!!!!

PS-Maxxx can you vote on my gallery?
    Last edited by BloodFather of Kharnath; 05-23-2015 at 03:21 AM.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

Doesn't seem right when you look at the current 7 days and the first 3 pictures are the same mini. It is definitely an amazing piece, but all the other artists have to now paint three of that caliber to rate the same.

looks like you picking at my bones with this. well, i can avoid this with posting a one big and shitty pic that can fit into 1600kb of allowed uploading space. then i will get a lot of comments, something like `oh, why so much noise on that pic`, `get yorself a better camera` and so on. i`ve did that many times before...
    and, well, 2 of 3 pic sets of my last submission did not even reached 50 registered votes. This is sad, as i made 3 totally diferrent sets of pics.
    Available for commissions. Check the gallery to see my best.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    PS-Maxxx can you vote on my gallery?
    sorry, but not until you have a new picture . I voted on all you have.

Nakazan: while your works deserve to be seen multiple times, but to be honest I'm not a fan of the multiple entries/figure myself.
    A good solution would be to allow larger file sizes(like 10-20mb) for some select persons.
    or an even better would be multiple images/entry. Like how the crystal brush entries are.

For as frustrating as the system is, it's a pretty good one from CMoN's perspective I guess. To get the 50 votes, having to go to other forums or social media and ask people to come here and vote, or as others have told me they have resorted to, having family/friends who really have little/no interest in miniature painting come and vote on their submissions certainly drives traffic here.

I've just given up to the notion that I probably will not be getting 50 votes on many things for a long while.
    My current WIP thread. Always looking for critique. Also vote on my Gallery if you're bored

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatan View Post
    looks like you picking at my bones with this. well, i can avoid this with posting a one big and shitty pic that can fit into 1600kb of allowed uploading space. then i will get a lot of comments, something like `oh, why so much noise on that pic`, `get yorself a better camera` and so on. i`ve did that many times before...
    and, well, 2 of 3 pic sets of my last submission did not even reached 50 registered votes. This is sad, as i made 3 totally diferrent sets of pics.
    I don't think he was blaming your lovely project Nak. Not your fault that you had to break them up, I believe he is just wishing that CMoN could just pick one, but since it is all automatic, based on a day's high score from a week ago, then this cannot be done. But your last project was so damn good it deserved all three entries, IMO. By the way, you are also in the top 10 now of 2015. Kudos on that project, and you would have had trouble getting over 50 votes because of three different submissions, but now at least one will get a ton of votes as it will be in the top 10.

I think a lot has to do with how much the site has grown over the years. I have noticed while searching for a specific character that what would get 100+ votes and a score of 9; five to ten years ago rates a 6 to 7 now and barely gets 25 votes. Clearly the site has attracted some amazing painters and sculptors, which has raised the bar considerably. It has also attracted a lot more users which has really increased the number of submissions. Where you might have stayed on page one for a week at one time, you are lucky to make it through the day now. After a week or two, you are buried so deep that unless it is a really spectacular piece, you will be waiting a very long time to accumulate 50 votes.

This is very true.